Driver Door Switch

Hello, I have a 98 GS 300. The driver door switch that tells the car the door is open and turns on the lights etc.. Only works sometimes, I am sure it needs to be replaced since when is works is when the car is wet from rain. Any suggestions on where to buy the part?

Hello, I have a 98 GS 300. The driver door switch that tells the car the door is open and turns on the lights etc.. Only works sometimes, I am sure it needs to be replaced since when is works is when the car is wet from rain. Any suggestions on where to buy the part?

You might want to try a shot of WD40 if not the dealer can supply the switch.

Ok, tried that and the dealer wants about 300.00 for the switch.

And that's about what it costs. The switch is contained inside the latch assembly. If you feel bad now, it's really going to hurt if they all go one-by-one like mine did. I really can't complain. There had to be at least one semi-reliable part on an otherwise bulletproof car. I look at it like this. A $300.00 part is only a drop in the bucket on a $50,000.00 car.