Help Removing Driver's Side Door Panel?

fay31

• 3 weeks later...
Here's the service manual content on the front door. I've never disassembled the door, and take no responsibility for any broken parts or fingers. Good luck.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

how do you remove the door panel if you can not get the door open? My lock is stuck in the locked position....

You might try stopping at a local police station or towing service, and ask if they can "slim-jim" the door. This is how locked doors can be unlocked -- maybe they can spring the release mechanism also.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the service manual content on the front door. I've never disassembled the door, and take no responsibility for any broken parts or fingers. Good luck.

you wouldn't happen to have the manual content for the rear doors would you? i'm basically having the same problem the OP has but with the back door on the drivers side. i ordered the lock assembly and it's being delivered today. removing the panel is no problem there are only 3 hidden screws and a bunch of clips holding it in place but removing and replacing the lock assembly seems to be a wee bit more involved. i did a dry run yesterday and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to remove the assembly. i got the 3 torx screws out no prob but removing the actual assembly from the door was impossible without taking further actions which i have no clue what those actions are.

OK kids i have an update!

i ordered the part from sewell lexus and had them fedex 2 day it for $190

i decided to give it another dry run since the part has not been delivered yet. i took the door panel off, removed the 3 torx screws from the lock assembly, disconnected all the electronics+lock and handle wires from the door, removed the panel, and loosened the 2 10mm screws that hold the track for the window. with the track loose i wiggled the lock assembly out. i disassembled the lock assembly and found that the contacts for the little motor that locks and unlocks the door were crusted up and filthy

i cleaned them, reassmbled the lock assembly and put the door back together and it works! i guess i have to decline the delivery when it gets here.

i just saved myself $190 for the part. my dealership wanted $240 for the part and @$250 for the install.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any insight on how to remove the driver's side interior door panel? I believe the power door lock actuator is either failing or needs to be lubricated.

FA

Thank you paste a link, this is very useful to me! Thank you again for sharing!

Hi Guys. I am a rookie to this site ,but i need help in removing the right side door panel to replace the mirror .

An *BLEEP* stole the r/s cover and broke the the mirror assembly. Dam those dealers are not cheep!!!. I paid

$ 513.00 for a new one without the glass.. Love my 04 Ls430 and just want to save $$ by doing it my self. Where and how do I start

to remove the door panel. Is there a video on this anywhere? And what tools do I need.

Any help would be appreciated.. Please step by step instruction for me please . Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys. I am a rookie to this site ,but i need help in removing the right side door panel to replace the mirror .

An *BLEEP* stole the r/s cover and broke the the mirror assembly. Dam those dealers are not cheep!!!. I paid

$ 513.00 for a new one without the glass.. Love my 04 Ls430 and just want to save $ by doing it my self. Where and how do I start

to remove the door panel. Is there a video on this anywhere? And what tools do I need.

Any help would be appreciated.. Please step by step instruction for me please . Thanks

all you really need to remove the door panel is a philips head screw driver. when it comes to removing the actual mirror assembly you'll need some torx drivers and i cannot recall the exact size. check your PMs i sent you a message.

Is there any chance you have access to the same service manual information for a 2004 RX330. I need to replace the driver side mirror assembly.

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for posting service manual, it helped me a lot

• 10 months later...