Torque Converter

BlackSC4

i havent bought the dragon tc yet, but it will come. i have a buddy across the street from where i live with a 2700rpm tc in his sc400. he advise me, unless i use it primarily on the track, then i should get it, but dont if im just driving around the streets, jerky motions (especially when you're stuck between gears) is expected. hope that gave you an image of what it's like better than it did for me.

• 6 months later...
k9,  i have a buddy that is taking automotive classes and he's been ripping engines and trannies apart and reassembling them for the last 2 years. he explained to me that higher stall speeds is basically just lagging the torque converter to kick into gear later than sooner, so you get a better launch. <---his own words.  he advise to me that if i slam on the brakes and the gas, then releasing the brake, the car will act similarly.  how true is that? i have no idea, but to try it out myself. im still waiting on a better deal, as JPI never came back to this post to give me a price. and besides, i just got a 95mph speeding ticket which is costing me $300+. the worst part is that the cop said he caught me at 91mph but he said i was heading for 100mph+ so he wrote me a ticket for 95mph. what can i do, right? so when i can gather enough cash to get the torque converter, i will discuss this with better acurracy.

Hi Guys

How do you know when your torque converter goes bad/

On my car when I remove my feet from the accelerator and push back on the accelerator, I can hear the transmission re-engaging, and making a noise clack clack. Could it be my torque converter?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...