Compatible Ls400 Seats

ls400ridin

yes yes i know you can fit 2nd gen ls seats in 1st gen ans even 3rd ina 1st and 2nd also with sum work......has anyone tried because my 1st gen ls seats has gone to *BLEEP* and im looking for something more comfortable...any help would be appreciated

English maybe?

From what I gather from your horribly worded post, you know that both 2nd and 3rd generation LS seats can be adapted to work in a 1st generation chassis. So what exactly is your question?

English may not be his native tongue or he may be a victim of the texting craze. More than likely he is simply a product of "modern" education techniques.

Regardless of the above, The easiest solution is for LS400ridin to take his car to a good upholstery shop and have his seats rebuilt to factory specs. He isn't too far from Unique Auto and I am sure that Buju and Willie could whip something "cool" up for him.

• Haha 1

Given the car is upwards of fifteen years old, are you really surprised the seats aren't pristine?

Like Jdavis says, you should take it to an auto shop and have them rebuild the seats-- don't mess with the chassis if you don't have to.

I was going to replace the seats in my 1994 LS and found what looked a good clean set in the same color on Ebay from a 98 model year, however when I saw them for real they were in a worse state than my originals with a tear and serious wear on the drivers side (US passenger side) so I left them.

If you are serious about it, as all the other members suggest get the originals recovered because you will be lucky to find a decent set from a donor car.

Apparently some have fitted LS430 seats into the LS400 but it does require some technical fabrication skills to adapt them.

Regardless of the above, The easiest solution is for LS400ridin to take his car to a good upholstery shop and have his seats rebuilt to factory specs. He isn't too far from Unique Auto and I am sure that Buju and Willie could whip something "cool" up for him.

I bet Unique Autosport would charge around $50K or more to redo the seats. LOL that show is awsome. I wish I had a 2010 LS460L to send them.

• 11 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:17 PM, StaticLS400 said:

can I use the front seats out of a 97 ls in a 99? 

It sounds like the newer gens could be reworked to fit backwards but I don't know about forwards. Seat replacements overall can be a pain, but I would love to hear what you find out.

The 99 seats are too poor of condition to get restored? I would try it with the passenger seat first to see, but I would imagine quite a bit of reworking would need to be done.

Try looking at the parts diagram for both model years on a Lexus parts website like this one:

https://parts.lexusofroseville.com/

Using your VIN is the best route to determine what you have.  It might take some digging to find the correct parts diagrams.  Look for "seat adjuster" (I think that's what Toyota calls them).  There should be a "vehicle fitment" tab or you can cross-reference/compare the part numbers from both model years.

• 1 month later...