How To Adjust Headlights

Can someone explain to me how to raise my headlight angle. I am sure some of you have noticed how horribly low they point down and done this yourselves. So please explaint to possibly save a few lives(MINE, WIFE, PASSENGERS).

Thanks Guys!!!

Can someone explain to me how to raise my headlight angle. I am sure some of you have noticed how horribly low they point down and done this yourselves. So please explaint to possibly save a few lives(MINE, WIFE, PASSENGERS).

Thanks Guys!!!

I'm interested too. I may be missing something, but I haven't been able to find a thread of previous postings about this.

the height adjusters for the low beams are located under the fenders about a foot back from the front of the engine bay. You need to remove the plastic engine shields and have a very long (8-10") Phillips screwdriver. Once you have removed the plastic covers, you'll see a half moon shaped "slot" that you need to insert the screwdriver into. Make sure the car is running when you do this so the auto adjusters aren't affected.

Personally, I dont know why all Toyota and Lexus come from the factory with the headlights adjusted to the low end of the spec. On top of what twylie said, let me also add that the screw driver's shaft have to be at least 12" or so, thats not incuding the handle. Shine a flashlight into the adjustment opening in the fender and you will see a adjustment cog, be careful when adjusting because the cog is made from soft metal and can be stripe very easily. Look in the manual to find theh location of the bubble leveler right on top of the light, I adjust mine to the top notch on the bubbler. Make sure you are park on a level ground. Good Luck

Personally, I dont know why all Toyota and Lexus come from the factory with the headlights adjusted to the low end of the spec.

Because! :P If they didn't angle them low from the factory, they'd have to recall all their cars because 80 people out of 1,978,679 cars sold per year complained that they were blinding oncoming drivers :lol:

... just my thoughts continuing from another thread about the insanity going on with Toyota and rediculous recalls...