Oil Changes

I just purchased a 07 GS350 and won't need an oil change for awhile, but is it advised to go to the dealer for oil changes or can I got to my normal wash and lube place to have one done?

You can get your oil changed anywhere you choose...as long as you keep the receipts & had the maintenance done within the time & mileage window you are fine should you have a problem.

How much does your dealer charge for an oil change?

:cheers:

I just purchased a 07 GS350 and won't need an oil change for awhile, but is it advised to go to the dealer for oil changes or can I got to my normal wash and lube place to have one done?

You can get your oil changed anywhere you choose...as long as you keep the receipts & had the maintenance done within the time & mileage window you are fine should you have a problem.

How much does your dealer charge for an oil change?

:cheers:

I don't know. As I said, I just purchased the vehicle, so haven't had to change the oil yet. I'll be heading there this weekend to have them adjust the windshield wipers and inquire about the navi disc, so I'll get a quote then and check back with you.

Wash and Lube oil change? :) Thats a good one, you might as well go to Jiffy Lube or drive your car into a brick wall and get it over with :)

Wash and Lube oil change? :) Thats a good one, you might as well go to Jiffy Lube or drive your car into a brick wall and get it over with :)

I know it sounds like a rickety garage, but it's actually in a reall affluent area. There are regularly Ferraris, Bentleys and Mazaratis there, but they are likely just getting washed. :lol: I just have heard with BMW's for instance, you have to go to the dealer for your oil changes. It's just really convenient for me, so u was just curious. If the dealer is half way reasonable, I'll just take the time out of my weekends every 3 months to get it done :D

Okay that response had me laughing HARD!

Seriously, I use the dealership for my GS430. It is pricier than places like you are talking about, but its worth it for me. The dealer washes it and because its a CPO one, I get a loaner (even though I didn't buy it at their dealership). I may just be picky, but I trust the dealership more than I trust a place that services ANY car.

Okay that response had me laughing HARD!

Seriously, I use the dealership for my GS430. It is pricier than places like you are talking about, but its worth it for me. The dealer washes it and because its a CPO one, I get a loaner (even though I didn't buy it at their dealership). I may just be picky, but I trust the dealership more than I trust a place that services ANY car.

+1 to that! I love going to the dealership for my oil changes. I don't mind paying a premium price because I get a great loaner, if necessary....they are always very nice people...plus....I don't mind the free donut holes. :D

--Duckman

I take mine to the dealer. Total after taxes is around $70 for oil change only.

Someone said that its $40 with coupon. Seriously? I have never seen Lexus dealership in Dallas offer coupons :(

I used to pay $35.00 for my 2001 LS 430 plus about $30 extra for tire rotation. When I went and got my complimentary one for getting a new CPO, the receipt printed out $65.00 for oil change only.

The interval for the oil changes is 5,000 miles at my dealer instead of 3,000 so that helps offset the costs too.

The interval for the oil changes is 5,000 miles at my dealer instead of 3,000 so that helps offset the costs too.

The oil change interval is set by Lexus, not your dealer. A good rule of thumb is, if you drive a lot of city, change your oil at 4000 miles and if mostly highway, change it 6000 miles.

• 5 months later...

6 mos. or 5,000 miles is the interval set by Lexus for service/oil change. If you live in areas of "extreme conditions" (non-specified) then it is recommended to do it sooner. Since the engine temperature is regulated by the cooling fan and the coolant, it really matters very little weather you live in Dallas or Butte, MT as far as how hot the oil gets, so forget letting some dealer service writer talk you into intervals less than 5,000 miles or 6 months. Now if you live at the end of some dirt road or have excessive dust or pollen in the areas in which you commonly drive a shorter interval might be justified. And by the way, the oil change intervals are soon to be increased to 10,000 miles on GS and IS as they already are on the current `10 RX350 & GX460. It's because Lexus has now begun to use synthetic oil.

Bellman