Integrated Phone Questions?

93LSOwner

I can't speak for "Dogboy" but he certainly did not seem like a "flake" when I spoke with him last year. Instead he seemed like a very driven young businessman. I suspect he has moved on to other, more profitable business ventures. He used to live a few miles north of me here in Kansas and ran a small business before he moved to the Pacific northwest.

There is little money to be made in making interfaces to the OEM phone wiring in older Lexus cars. It is a shrinking market and few people are willing to spend money on an interface.

My suggestion is to buy some sort of phone kit for your car. Although you won't be able to use your steering wheel command module, it is relatively easy to hook a traditional or Bluetooth handsfree kit so that it mutes your audio system when a call is in progress and provides voice dialing, caller-id, etc. depending on which kit you choose.

Some of these phone kits work very well - you will not miss not having your steering wheel phone command module work. Although I have not been a fan of Bluetooth aftermarket kits in the past, I now think that this is the only practical way to add decently sophisticated handsfree capbability to an older car.

Some people swear by Bluetooth and wireed headsets too.

• 2 months later...
Yes I'd agree, dogboy's no flake he's just moved on. He did post for the last time over a year ago...

OMG, I read through this whole forum to find an answer to old age question of getting a personal cell phone to work with the Lexus OEM phone hardware and the answer was, "get a kit". That was so funny.

I am a new Lexus owner and was looking for a group of guys that shared information about their cars. You guys are awesome and I can't wait to start delving into this site and learn more about a car that I can't wait to drive everyday.

Hopefully I can share some insight as well.

Thanks.

Dee