94 Es300 190k - Ecm Replacement?

es300_

hi - have shifting problems and check engine and "o/d light flashing". diagnosis was done at local repair shop and vehicle speed sensor replaced but it didn't solve the problem. now the new codes are

PO520

PO700

and they recommend replacing the ECM (w/ a reman'd one)

how have others faired w/ reman'd ECM's vs the OEM ECM?

worried once i replace this, it will just go on and on w/ something else

should add - transmission was working fine until this happened. the shifting problem seen now is it doesn't go into the top O/D gear at highway speed and intermittently it sticks in lower gear or loses gear completely (like i'm in neutral)

• 4 weeks later...
If any has a response please let us know. I have the exact same problem with my 94 ES300 and it runs somewhat ok with ECT power pushed in. I replaced ECU and replaced Transmission speed sensor already.

Just a question for you: Is your check engine light on? My car is doing something similiar to this. Did you have a code indicating

transmission speed sensor and ECU or just a guess? I am taking it to the repair shop today and see what they have to say. My car was running great until about a week after a timing change, water pump, and o2 sensor replacement. My check engine light isn't on right now which really suprises me. I will post what my mechanic finds out.

• 2 weeks later...
If any has a response please let us know. I have the exact same problem with my 94 ES300 and it runs somewhat ok with ECT power pushed in. I replaced ECU and replaced Transmission speed sensor already.

Just a question for you: Is your check engine light on? My car is doing something similiar to this. Did you have a code indicating

transmission speed sensor and ECU or just a guess? I am taking it to the repair shop today and see what they have to say. My car was running great until about a week after a timing change, water pump, and o2 sensor replacement. My check engine light isn't on right now which really suprises me. I will post what my mechanic finds out.

What did the mechanic say?