Newb Here

Well, the Mrs and I went car shopping this weekend and had the fortune (or misfortune) of stopping at a Lexus dealer. We ended up leaving about 6 hours later with two CPO cars. I got a beautiful 2006 GS300 in Glacier in pristine condition. It has black leather with heated and cooled seats and many toys.

My wife got a 2007 granite ES350 with black leather lower miles but less options. We took out extended warraties because we would like to keep these babies at least 5 years. We previoulsy had two VW diesels which we bought a month apart in 2005. I'll miss the fuel economy we got but hey, I have so much more comfort and quiet now and heck, I drive about 2 hours daily as does she.

The car trip computer was showing over 25 MPG as Avg for that tank. I don't know if it is accurate. Tonight, I filled up and on the way home it said the tank average was 32 MPG. All I can say is, not bad for such a big car (if it is accurate).

I'll post some pictures this weekend after I give them a bath (or run them through the dealers free wash.)

Congrats on your new cars and welcome to the club!

--Duckman

Thanks. Here is a cell phone picture. I'll take some better ones this weekend but I have no doubt you all know what the car looks like. Guess I should add a picture of her car also. What an exciting weekend it was but we all know how stressful car shopping can be.

post-109902-1265331392_thumb.jpg

post-109902-1265332306_thumb.jpg

Well, the Mrs and I went car shopping this weekend and had the fortune (or misfortune) of stopping at a Lexus dealer. We ended up leaving about 6 hours later with two CPO cars. I got a beautiful 2006 GS300 in Glacier in pristine condition. It has black leather with heated and cooled seats and many toys.

My wife got a 2007 granite ES350 with black leather lower miles but less options. We took out extended warraties because we would like to keep these babies at least 5 years. We previoulsy had two VW diesels which we bought a month apart in 2005. I'll miss the fuel economy we got but hey, I have so much more comfort and quiet now and heck, I drive about 2 hours daily as does she.

The car trip computer was showing over 25 MPG as Avg for that tank. I don't know if it is accurate. Tonight, I filled up and on the way hon it said the tank average was 32 MPG. All I can say is, not bad for such a big car (if it is accurate).

I'll post some pictures this weekend after I give them a bath (or run them through the dealers free wash.)

Congrats, I hope you got a good deal on those cars considering all the safety recalls on Toyota.

First congrats, Lee. You got two nice vehicles there.

I'd like to say that Lee is a friend of mine and a fellow Moderator of a Watch Forum we're on. He is a great guy and I am glad he came to the Lexus side!

You are going to love the cars and enjoy the info on this site too!

First congrats, Lee. You got two nice vehicles there.

I'd like to say that Lee is a friend of mine and a fellow Moderator of a Watch Forum we're on. He is a great guy and I am glad he came to the Lexus side!

You are going to love the cars and enjoy the info on this site too!

Thanks Scott. Glad that you found me here and for the warm welcome to the Lexus side! All I can say is, I even look forward to my ride INTO work. Now, if only I could really look forward to getting there. The car makes it harder because, I don't want to get out of it! (LOL)