Question For Those With Factory Sirius Or Xm

I have an '08 IS250 with the factory Sirius radio option. I'm having issues with signal loss and want to find out how the unit is installed in others cars. My antenna is placed inside the windshield just beside the rearview mirror. I have had both the antenna and the radio unit replaced due to this issue and now I'm convinced it's due to the placement of the antenna. The dealer said it was possible to incorporate the antenna into the shark fin in the roof and I'm not sure why it wasn't done that way in the first place. My neighbor's is installed this way and he said he has no issues. Does anyone else have their's on the windshield? If so do you have signal problems? I understand the tunnel/buildings/trees issues associated with satellite radio, but when I had a plug and play unit in my old car I almost never had a dropped signal. I'm just trying to understand others experiences.

I've had mine both ways, but I didn't have a problem with either way. I just did it to the sharkfin cause it was cool. LOL! And I didn't have to have that little black box thing anymore.

You might want to call Sirius/XFM and have them to a signal reset thing also. I'm pretty sure they have a signal diagnotsic that can tell them if you have an issue with the unit, or if you have a code issue before taking it to the dealer and them telling you there is nothing wrong with the unit.

My Is has the fin, but another car I had had the windshield box (Which I think looks like an aftermarket band aid approach. But signal loss I find can happen with either system particularly in heavily wooded and mountain terrain.

I have an '08 IS250 with the factory Sirius radio option. I'm having issues with signal loss and want to find out how the unit is installed in others cars. My antenna is placed inside the windshield just beside the rearview mirror. I have had both the antenna and the radio unit replaced due to this issue and now I'm convinced it's due to the placement of the antenna. The dealer said it was possible to incorporate the antenna into the shark fin in the roof and I'm not sure why it wasn't done that way in the first place. My neighbor's is installed this way and he said he has no issues. Does anyone else have their's on the windshield? If so do you have signal problems? I understand the tunnel/buildings/trees issues associated with satellite radio, but when I had a plug and play unit in my old car I almost never had a dropped signal. I'm just trying to understand others experiences.

You need to get the adaptor http://www.tss-radio.com/lexus-and-shark-f...ter-p-5646.html