Tranny Skips

kashife

Hello, I would appreciate if someone could help me, my transmission skipped from reverse, and first gear a few times, and then after second gear. once i got on the highway it was fine. and then it didnt happen again. so now I wonder what it is? is my transmission dying?

Hello, I would appreciate if someone could help me, my transmission skipped from reverse, and first gear a few times, and then after second gear. once i got on the highway it was fine. and then it didnt happen again. so now I wonder what it is? is my transmission dying?

When I glanced at the thread title, "Tranny Skips", I chuckled and thought ... "Well, probably the more effeminate ones do.". B)

Maybe it's from the nightmares after my wife dragged me to see the movie "The Crying Game" in 1992, but I overwhelmingly prefer the word "transmission" to describe an automobile gear box -- please see the politically incorrect attachment and forgive me. :o

Regarding your slipping transmission, common advice is to do a few "drain and refills" of the transmission fluid to see if it helps. Does your RX have a lot of miles on it and has the transmission been serviced regularly?

post-2157-1265227325_thumb.jpg

When I glanced at the thread title, "Tranny Skips", I chuckled and thought ... "Well, probably the more effeminate ones do.". B)

Maybe it's from the nightmares after my wife dragged me to see the movie "The Crying Game" in 1992, but I overwhelmingly prefer the word "transmission" to describe an automobile gear box -- please see the politically incorrect attachment and forgive me. :o

Regarding your slipping transmission, common advice is to do a few "drain and refills" of the transmission fluid to see if it helps. Does your RX have a lot of miles on it and has the transmission been serviced regularly?

Thanks for replying, I got 110 miles on my car. I never did any service for the tranmission. what do I do ? I was told its best not to drain and refill the transmission fluid.