How To Replace Bulb

alexpro

Hi, the bulb stopped working now that I reached 50,000 miles. How does one go about replacing this bulb? I saw Gen 1 required that you remove the fender liner and the entire headlight assembly. I was able to remove the white tabbed plastic cover even though it is pretty tight in that area. I assume the assembly must be removed but I'm hoping it can be done without tampering with the bumper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if anyone has purchased those lower priced HID bulbs from China advertised for about $25 each. A big difference from the Sylvania prices at the auto parts store that sell for $130.

Only replace your HID bulbs with the OEM philips D2S 85122. But yours might have 85122+ you need to check...

Any other brand won't match color and won't even come CLOSE in intensity. Not to mention they won't last as long. Philips are the best, no doubt about it.

You should be able to find a used one on ebay for less than $50, or a new pair for less than $130 shipped.

You should also change HIDs lights in pairs since the old one will be weaker and different color.

Hi, I'm not even yet sure it is the bulb.. I still need to verify that it is the bulb by taking the working bulb from the driver's side and plugging it into the passenger side. I want to rule out the ballast.

I just want to know how to remove the bulb...... there is nothing in the manual about it other than stating to take it back to the dealer. I spoke to my dealer and he said I may need to remove the bumper. I just would like to know the steps and if it can be done without removing the headlight assembly.

No need to remove the bumper to change the low beam bulb. You can gain access to the rear of the headlights from under the hood.... unless the standard Rx is MUCH different under the hood than the 400h is...

• 3 months later...

Only replace your HID bulbs with the OEM philips D2S 85122. But yours might have 85122+ you need to check...

Any other brand won't match color and won't even come CLOSE in intensity. Not to mention they won't last as long. Philips are the best, no doubt about it.

You should be able to find a used one on ebay for less than $50, or a new pair for less than $130 shipped.

Greetings...What does the + (plus) indicate on the Philips D2S 85122+ HID blub? I am replacing the HID blub on my 2004 RX 330. This blub does not have a plus designation. Are the blubs interchangeable? TKS! always

The "+" indicates that it's a brighter bulb. It's also more yellow than the standard 85122. The bulbs "are" interchangeable, meaning switching them won't harm anything, but you will definitely notice the difference in output and color.

My 08 Rx400h comes stock with 85122+, but i believe the older generation RX's came stock with the standard 85122.

Personally i'd take the standard 85122 as they're a little more "white".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello fellow Lexus owners,

I have a 98' GS400, I am trying to figure out how to replace the front turn signal bulb. I purchased the bulb however, when looking under the hood, it doesn't look as easy as finding the ballast, turning, pulling and replacing. Can anyone help make this process easy for me?

Thank you in advance for your help.

GS400Sleeper

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...