Sc 430 Tires

Pat Johnson

I have a 02 SC430 and want to replace the RFT and am looking for help???

My preference is handling, low noise and long wear in that order. Any help greatly appreciated...

Hi Pat,

I also just purchased a '02 SC430 & it was in dire need of tires when bought. I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on it. I bought them at a local America's Tire outlet & they cost me $1050 with balancing & install; then I got a $70 rebate.

They are VERY quiet tires.

I am a long-time Michelin guy so I am biased.

Jerry Baumchen

My preference is handling, low noise and long wear in that order. Any help greatly appreciated...

Hi Pat,

I also just purchased a '02 SC430 & it was in dire need of tires when bought. I put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on it. I bought them at a local America's Tire outlet & they cost me $1050 with balancing & install; then I got a $70 rebate.

Jerry Baumchen

Hi Pat,

Jerry Baumchen

Thanks Jerry. I have narrowed it down to the Michelin tires or Pirelli Pzer MS Nero or the Toyo Proxes 4s...

Hi Pat,

Jerry Baumchen

Thanks Jerry. I have narrowed it down to the Michelin tires or Pirelli Pzer MS Nero or the Toyo Proxes 4s...

Hi Pat,

I just Googled Poway. I have a very good friend in Oceanside & I will be down to visit him in a month or so.

If you might want to grab a cup of coffee and 'talk' '02 SC430's get back to me:

jerrybaumchen(at)verizon(dot)net

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Mine is white w/white interior.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't buy the Pirelli Pzer MS Nero. I have them and they are noisy and rough riding. The Michelin Sport are far better. I have had three sets of the Michelin Sports on corvettes and they are great. The Pirelli's will also form cups and then the noise really sucks. Run flat Michelins are much better than any other run flat.