Possibly Buying A Sc300

kelvo5

So I'm thinking about buying an sc300. I have a few i want to go look at soon. My question is what should i look out for for these cars that are common problems that could be expensive? like anything that is known to always happen that is easy to detect so i could save myself some money ahead of time. thank you

So I'm thinking about buying an sc300. I have a few i want to go look at soon. My question is what should i look out for for these cars that are common problems that could be expensive? like anything that is known to always happen that is easy to detect so i could save myself some money ahead of time. thank you

I just bought a 98 SC300 last summer. About the biggest thing I would be worried about are the lower control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, etc... The sway bar bushings are cheap and easy, however the lower control arm bushing are a pain and can be costly. If it tramlines any I would be suspect. It ended up just bieng the tires on mine, but I was about to replace the control arms with new ones, as that seemed to be the best route after reading a lot of posts. Other minor things are the antenna and trunk supports. I might also make sure the timing belt/water pump etc. has been changed.

Good Luck,

Michael

hay man, were do you live? any were near rochester ny. i got a red on tan sc300, 1995 for sale with a few thing repaired on it. if u want to have more info get back to me at das277@gmail.com

what do you mean tramlines?

Here is a good article on Tramling. These first generation SC's are known for Tramlining when the LCA bushings wear. If you do a google search for tramlining, you can find alot of good articles. Basically, if the car likes to follow grooves or ruts in the road, or even just the slope of a road it is considered tramlining.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tec...e.jsp?techid=47

Good Luck,

Michael