Leather Seats From A 99 Gs On A 94 Gs

Hi all, I have a 94 GS300 and I just recently bought new seats from a 99 GS300. Will these fit on my car? Can I install them myself or should I take it somewhere to be done? Where is a good place to do this? Thanks

Hi all, I have a 94 GS300 and I just recently bought new seats from a 99 GS300. Will these fit on my car? Can I install them myself or should I take it somewhere to be done? Where is a good place to do this? Thanks

IF THEY FIT, THEN YOU CAN DEFINATELY INSTALL THEM YOURSELF. FOUR BOLTS EACH FOR THE TWO FRONT SEATS, AND I THINK YOU CAN JUST PULL UP THE REAR SEAT. HOPEFULLY THE POWER HARNESS' WILL FIT FROM THE NEW GS TO YOUR OLD GS. GOOD LUCK WITH THIS PROJECT.

-TWINTURBO619

When you say four bolts, do you mean on the track? Do I remove the track and put the new seats on, then put the tracks back on? I'm guessing thats the way. It would seem impossible to remove the chair without removing the track. Thanks for your advice.

Tracks and everything come out.. They will fit and you'll be able to do it yourself.. I think the most you'll have a problem with is taking off the end caps on the rails.. After you take those off (4 on each seat) then just unscrew bolts.. Easy as that.. Oh and you'll have to unplug the wire harness that's under the seat too..

TWINTURBO619,

How about that CAPS key???

hey mrsypher, that's right, the caps have a hex screw design don't they? forgot about that... hmph, well you're going to need to find an allen wrench that fits that or be lucky enough to have a screw driver set with a set of allen hex heads to unscrew those. i have to look at mine to make sure. thanks for reminding me.

TWINTURBO619,

oh yeah, sorry about that, my supra had hex screw caps for the rails and up sorry about the CAPS key too. bad habit at work. i only type in caps. please don't take it to offense that i am yelling at the world because programs at my work require cap entry. sorry all.

TWINTURBO619,

oh yeah, sorry about that, my supra had hex screw caps for the rails and up sorry about the CAPS key too. bad habit at work. i only type in caps. please don't take it to offense that i am yelling at the world because programs at my work require cap entry. sorry all.

Don't worry about it.. It's nothing...

^^^^ haha.. thanks for the help twinturbo and mrsypher. I guess i'll be back on to let you all know how it goes! The seats came in today btw and they're perfect.

good stuff man, you should post some pics when you have the chance. i would be interested in seeing how 2nd gen seats look on the first gen

was i supposed to put the new seats on the old tracks? this won't work for the passenger side seat because the old seats were both power but the new passenger side is not power.

Thanks for the help

mrsypher, the new seats came with tracks. this is what I did:

removed end caps, unscrewed old seats. (seatbelt problem took quite a while)

when i put in the new seats, i noticed that the new seat's tracks (99 GS)are not the same length/position as the old ones (94 GS). What do I do about this? The seat is now sitting there not bolted in. Of course, I won't let anyone sit in the seat due to safety until this is resolved.

was i supposed to put the new seats on the old tracks? this won't work for the passenger side seat because the old seats were both power but the new passenger side is not power.

Thanks for the help

have you tried looking to see if the old tracks will fit on the new seat? and about the passenger seat not being powered, maybe you can bust a macguyver and see if you can retrofit the whold motorized track on the new seat. you'll be the only one to do it. good luck

hahaha thats awesome, i may try putting that old motor/tracks on the new seats sometime, but not in the near future cuz i only got time for the quick 2-hour-jobs. such as changing seats. Funny thing, i had a test this morning, but instead of studying last afternoon, I was attempting to install the seat. working on your car is addicting.

hahaha thats awesome, i may try putting that old motor/tracks on the new seats sometime, but not in the near future cuz i only got time for the quick 2-hour-jobs. such as changing seats. Funny thing, i had a test this morning, but instead of studying last afternoon, I was attempting to install the seat. working on your car is addicting.

i feel your pain. when it comes to studying or polishing up my car... of course i have to polish the car. when you go to school, all the ladies dig it. besides it's the car that gets the girls, not the degree. so car comes first, then study an hour before your test. just think, driving home from school is the prize. =)

They should have fit.. They only thing I can think of is that it was 2 different years.. But, I know for a fact it can be done.. One of the Lexus Tech's in Greenwich did it to his brothers 1st gen GS.. And what I told you is pretty much what he told me.. Just hold tight, I'll try to make a run down to Lexus of Greenwich today and see what else you need to do...