Anzo Halo Headlight Lens

conforte

• 11 months later...

They might look neat for a while if you install them correctly. But then I would try to take good care of them and hope you have a garage or covered parking. Those are plastic and we know how the plastic headlights will fade and get really nasty over time from sun exposure. Unless you wash and wax them weekly. The 98-07 LX are all glass headlights so they will stay looking new forever.

They might look neat for a while if you install them correctly. But then I would try to take good care of them and hope you have a garage or covered parking. Those are plastic and we know how the plastic headlights will fade and get really nasty over time from sun exposure. Unless you wash and wax them weekly. The 98-07 LX are all glass headlights so they will stay looking new forever.

Most headlight lenses these days are plastic. Plastic lenses usually take a number of years to degrade and then they can usually be refinished with a "permanent" coating like I and others on this forum have used. I used a Crystal View kit on our plastic headlight lenses to make them look and perform like new in August 2008 and they still look great.

Glass headlight lenses, however, cannot be refinished - when there're dead, there're dead. Pitted and warn glass lenses like the glass fog light lenses on our Camry cannot be repaired when they get worn.

Plus, plastic headlight lenses are more resistant to breakage from road debris ... e.g. a rock thrown up by another vehicle. I've had glass headlight lenses broken by stones but (knock wood) never had a broken plastic headlight lens.

The main downside I see with modern plastic headlight lenses is that they are not compatible with headlight wash/wipers (they scratch the plastic lenses) which are more effective than pressure headlight washers.

Glass headlight lenses, however, cannot be refinished - when there're dead, there're dead. Pitted and warn glass lenses like the glass fog light lenses on our Camry cannot be repaired when they get worn.

Not true.There are glass polishing kits you can get for headlights and windshields.

Not true.There are glass polishing kits you can get for headlights and windshields.

I've never tried a glass polishing kit but I haven't read many, or even any, positive comments about them on auto forums. Maybe they would work better on headlights than on windshields in that one wouldn't have to look through swirl marks on headlights.