Potential Floor Mat / Accelerator Issue With 2002 - 2006 Es's?

Based on this, I am wondering if the previous generation (2002 - 2006) ES 300's & 330's are also effected by either the floor mat issue or the accelerator....or both...? Please read the whole article & post your thoughts.

http://www.sandiego6.com/mostpopular/story...IuxTtxrK4Q.cspx

Based on this, I am wondering if the previous generation (2002 - 2006) ES 300's & 330's are also effected by either the floor mat issue or the accelerator....or both...? Please read the whole article & post your thoughts.

http://www.sandiego6.com/mostpopular...uxTtxrK4Q.cspx

article came up with an error.. The 02 06 es are not effected. My 04 es seems fine. Use weather tech mats in the winter and don't use the hooks stock mats.

The 06 to 10 ES and IS are in the recall. This really bothers me. I hope Toyota makes it through this. Pontiac Vibe is effected to, but GM won't recall them. My 04 es is a great car. I'll keep buying Toyota, Lexus.

Tim

article came up with an error.. The 02 06 es are not effected. My 04 es seems fine. Use weather tech mats in the winter and don't use the hooks stock mats.

The 06 to 10 ES and IS are in the recall. This really bothers me. I hope Toyota makes it through this. Pontiac Vibe is effected to, but GM won't recall them. My 04 es is a great car. I'll keep buying Toyota, Lexus.

Tim

found the article, hard to say what happened with that ladies o4 ES. Hope Lexus is looking into this.

Tim

Tim

found the article, hard to say what happened with that ladies o4 ES. Hope Lexus is looking into this.

Tim

Yeah, I re-posted it...not sure why the error came up to begin with. But it is a fair question based on that article.

:cheers:

From Motortrend.com via the L.A. Times (this is page 4 of the article)...of the summary of events...

November 29, 2009: A new Los Angeles Times story claims a number of Toyota drivers say their vehicles had still accelerated out of control with the floor mats removed. The Times also reports complaints of unintended acceleration increased after Toyota began using its drive-by-wire system in 2002, starting with the ES 300. According to the Times, unintended acceleration complaints on Lexus ES 300s jumped from an average of 26 per year in 2001 to 132 per year in 2002, and there had been 19 deaths since 2002 related to unintended acceleration in Toyotas, compared with 11 deaths connected to all other automakers combined. The story also notes Toyota has been investigated for unintended acceleration more times than any other automaker, and that 74 of 132 complaints lodged against the 2007 Lexus ES 350 were for cases of unintended acceleration. Toyota has no explanation, but says its drive-by-wire system is not to blame, again citing the November 2 NHTSA report.

However, the Times notes that the agency has only investigated the drive-by-wire system twice in its nine investigations and Toyota had issued three separate service bulletins for 2002 and 2003 Camrys concerning unintended acceleration issues with the drive-by-wire system. The Times says NHTSA had asked Toyota to look into an issue with the electronic throttle body on the 2006 Camry, which Toyota immediately delegated to the parts supplier. When the supplier reported there was no problem, NHTSA accepted the finding and quietly closed the report, keeping most of its 74 pages confidential.

Full 4 page article link here..."Here's how the crisis unfolded":

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...isis/index.html

From Motortrend.com via the L.A. Times (this is page 4 of the article)...of the summary of events...

November 29, 2009: A new Los Angeles Times story claims a number of Toyota drivers say their vehicles had still accelerated out of control with the floor mats removed. The Times also reports complaints of unintended acceleration increased after Toyota began using its drive-by-wire system in 2002, starting with the ES 300. According to the Times, unintended acceleration complaints on Lexus ES 300s jumped from an average of 26 per year in 2001 to 132 per year in 2002, and there had been 19 deaths since 2002 related to unintended acceleration in Toyotas, compared with 11 deaths connected to all other automakers combined. The story also notes Toyota has been investigated for unintended acceleration more times than any other automaker, and that 74 of 132 complaints lodged against the 2007 Lexus ES 350 were for cases of unintended acceleration. Toyota has no explanation, but says its drive-by-wire system is not to blame, again citing the November 2 NHTSA report.

However, the Times notes that the agency has only investigated the drive-by-wire system twice in its nine investigations and Toyota had issued three separate service bulletins for 2002 and 2003 Camrys concerning unintended acceleration issues with the drive-by-wire system. The Times says NHTSA had asked Toyota to look into an issue with the electronic throttle body on the 2006 Camry, which Toyota immediately delegated to the parts supplier. When the supplier reported there was no problem, NHTSA accepted the finding and quietly closed the report, keeping most of its 74 pages confidential.

Full 4 page article link here..."Here's how the crisis unfolded":

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_ne...isis/index.html

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/11/19/T..._California.htm

guys check that out, 02-03 Lexus Es300 is now part of the lawsuit.

I actually got reall curious, I almost thought it was going to be about the 02 transmission issues, was getting my hopes up, because i'm and tired of the damn car revving up so high while slowing down, and then pushing accerelator. (I got it reflshed over 5weeks ago too, to see if it would help.....ABSOLUTELY NOT...it regressed).

• 1 month later...

Here is some more info from the NHTSA database...when you click on the graph to enlarge it check out what is # 9. :(

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/deeper-nh...f-ua-incidents/

I have contacted my local Lexus dealer about this & awaiting their reply...any thoughts? :unsure:

I dont really know what the big deal about this is. Put the car in neutral or turn it off and get it towed to the nearest dealer or something.

Yeah its obviously Toyotas fault but the driver should at-least know what the hell to do instead of going 100mph and killing themselves.