Continental Extremecontact Dws

eiramk

I am in need of new tires after a pothole decimated one of my RFTs. The price is right on these and the reviews are pretty favorable but I didn't see too many Lexus owners in the reviews I have read.

Any feedback?

thx

Deb

I am in need of new tires after a pothole decimated one of my RFTs. The price is right on these and the reviews are pretty favorable but I didn't see too many Lexus owners in the reviews I have read.

Any feedback?

thx

Deb

I doubt that you will find anyone at this point since they are very new. I know I am planning on those exact tires when I replace my RFTs in a couple of months. I should have gotten them earlier with the bad winter we have had here in Virginia. Here we go again tonight.

I am having a hard time finding them...everyone's sold out - probably due to all the bad weather across the country this winter.

I go to WV a lot and want them for the snow there. I was there during the Dec storm and I have to say my RFTs did a lot better than I expected on the snow and ice. Anyway, it looks like it will be a couple more weeks before I can get my car back on the road. Be careful this weekend.

• 2 months later...

I have been riding on DWS tires now for about 3 weeks and I can say they are everything you have heard they are. Very quiet and very smooth ride. You also may have heard that the initial steering response is a little slow. This is also correct, but I don't drive my SC hard and the one drawback is minimal. If they hold up to near the 50000 mile guarantee, they will be a bargain. I did not get them early enough to try them in the snow so that will have to wait. We have had a couple of downpours and they are fine in the rain. Much better than the Dunlop runflats that they replaced. Although almost anything would be. Yes, they are still very hard to find. I found mine at onlinetires.com. $131.74 each and $70.00 to ship. They were very helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Deb,

Put them on my 2002 6 months ago, I wish the vehicle came with them. They are absolutely awesome and I did a whole lot of research on them. They are great in the water, dry condition and I even used them in the snow a couple of times pulling my car out of the driveway after the Blizzards and all the snow here in the Northeast region. The tires give you a tremendous ride but they are not as responsive as the run flats but you'll get over that once you put them on. They were recommended by a good friend who owns a Large Tire Retail Store. They cost me $165. per tire with mounting and balancing included in price. That beats the $458 dollars (per tire) for the Dunlop Run Flat DSST's. The drive is amazing, you'll love them. Just to let you know I had my car re-aligned after getting the new tires and had the technician pull the specs off my alignment before he did any alignment and then pulled the specs after. I had him take the negative toe out of the rear of the car as Lexus is noted for doing. Just a word of advice in which I did. They show NO SIGNS OF INNER EDGE REAR WEAR AT ALL.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I gives these tires a 11. Enjoy you'll absolutely love them!

Regards,

Blaise

• 4 weeks later...

I researched these and they seem fantastic, unfortunately they seem to be on permanent back order. I tried several stores in town including my local Lexus store and no-one seems to be able to get

them.

• 2 months later...

I've had them on since early October, they are great have about 12k miles and still going strong. They are a little noisy but perform VERY well during the last midwest winter.

Just ordered a set of DWS for my CLS today.

• 2 months later...

I just had a set installed at Discount Tire Company in the DFW area. Took them 2 days to get them to the store and 30 minutes to install. WHAT A DIFFERENCE in ride quality! Now it FEELS like a Lexus should. I also bought the spare tire kit from Sewell Parts Online as well. Very happy.

I just had a set installed at Discount Tire Company in the DFW area. Took them 2 days to get them to the store and 30 minutes to install. WHAT A DIFFERENCE in ride quality! Now it FEELS like a Lexus should. I also bought the spare tire kit from Sewell Parts Online as well. Very happy.