Trunk Lid

JTF NJ

Does anyone have a simular problem. Lexus es350 2008

My trunk lid since the car had 2200 miles on it has been giving me a problem.

When you try to shut it with the inside handle it won't latch. It has been back 3 times for this, problem still exists. I have to close it by pressing on the trunk lid. Now I am no bodybuilder, and my car is my baby. It caused 2 dents from my palms? This has also been fixed by lexis more than once, but they are still there. Now when this happens my battery goes dead. I have jumped it myself when I could not wait the hour plus for lexis to come to my home and do it. It's happened to many times to remember.

The car is garaged kept and has 5700 miles on it.

Has anyone had an issue like this.

Thanks

just an FYI. Took lexus to court for lemon law after numerous attemps for repair. They never got back to me on the final repair as they were supposed to. They seem to have dropped the ball. I won my court case without a lawyer and returned the car for a full refund on 7/8/2010. Did not buy another new one..I think there new models though good, are not of the same quality as the olders. And we have had 7 over the years that we have purchased. My service dept did there best, but lexus just was not at the top of there game as in the past. Felt bad but bought an older LS400.

On a positive note the 08 LS is doing ok. Still wating for the parts for the engine recall for months(we had it fixed once before the recall under warranty). They can not keep up with it and it is not the Scv dept fault. We are still trying to be faithfull.

Edited by JTF NJ

• 2 weeks later...