Light Out On Gearshift Lever 2000 Rx300

sigtauenus

Has anybody taken apart the automatic gear shift lever to replace the light bulb(s)?

My wife's 2000 RX300 has a burned out light on the gearshift lever and it is annoying not being able to see which position the shifter is in when shifting at night. Obviously can use the indicator on the instrument panel, but habit is to look at the shifter while shifting vice the instrument panel.

I did this when i had my Rx300. Pretty easy to do.

Remove the "U" shaped wood panel (which is connected to the black heated seat button area) by prying at the bottom with a screwdriver. It's only held on with clips.

Then you'll be able to see the shifter panel and gain access to the side of it where you'll find the bulb.

• 4 weeks later...
I did this when i had my Rx300. Pretty easy to do.

Remove the "U" shaped wood panel (which is connected to the black heated seat button area) by prying at the bottom with a screwdriver. It's only held on with clips.

Then you'll be able to see the shifter panel and gain access to the side of it where you'll find the bulb.

Just got to this the other day. It was an easy fix. I was surprised at how small the bulb was and even more surprised that Autozone carried it. For anybody else who uses this post as a reference, the bulb size was a 74.

Thanks for the info.

• 3 years later...