Big Problem With Stereo

Dannymcenrow

Hi all.

Sorry to post in this forum but I asked in both the Audio Video Forum and then in the sc forum but I got no responce.

First my car ha a Nakamchi system

About 1.5 years ago it started sounding like a surround sound system with only theback speakers connected.

I couldn't hear vocals or some instruments so the music sounded really weird so I decided to go or a new Stereo.

I checked and it was like $1300 for a New Nakamichi Stereo.

So I decided to go aftermarket.

That was a BIG MISTAKE!

I went with Alpine because I thought Alpine was a good quality brand.

ButBoy was I WRONG.

About 5 months ago the cd changer went out it had a strange problem it starts playing bt quits in midtrac and sometimes changing the track or CD will help but soetimes I almost get in an Accident because I'm playing with the radio to make itwork.

Wel last month brought it to a guy I know who repairs CD players and he thought that a part in the spinning mechanism was bad and caused the cd to have a little play that caused the problem.

He went and changed the part and viola it started working again.

But that only lasted for a month then it went bad again.

So now I want to sell the rest of the system really fast before they break.

The whole system costed me $2400.

That's with new Head unit new amps(2) and the cd changer.

I want some money back out of it becaus it'sm a bad quality product fo to much money.

But the thing is I don't have that kind of money to buy anew Lexus Stereo either.

So Ithought if some of you know someone or a company that fixes Lexus Stereos

If so I can sendmy Nakamichi system for repair an\d put itback in my car.

It seems like I'm the only one who bought Alpine' crap because their is no Forumonline that helps you incase youhave trouble with your system and at work nobody even KNOWS sombody who has an Alpine

SO now I'm stuck.

Please help me.

Because now I pulled the fuse so the rest of my system won't get used and burn but now I don't have any music in mycar and I don't like that

Send a PM to dcfish -- maybe he can supply a replacement Nakamichi. Or try eBay.

I don't know of any companies that repair Nakamichi radios -- I was told that parts are no longer available by the Florida company that repaired mine in 2008. The last time I asked my local Lexus dealer, I was told that Lexus no longer supplies replacement new or rebuilt Nakamichi components and that they were required to supply replacements for only seven years after the car was manufactured.

man you've spent more than i've spent on all of my audio equipment. so do your front speakers not work with your headunit you have now? I would recommend getting a nice pioneer premier head unit. They're costly but very high quality. You could also have a short somewhere causing something to get hot. I've had pioneer speakers for a long time (including the ones that came in this car stll sound great) and they have never blown. My friend has a really nice pioneer head unit and his treble matches his bass from his subs and also plays all the mids and highs outta the speakers. I've never been disappointed with the quality of pioneer.

Hi all.

Sorry to post in this forum but I asked in both the Audio Video Forum and then in the sc forum but I got no responce.

First my car ha a Nakamchi system

About 1.5 years ago it started sounding like a surround sound system with only theback speakers connected.

I couldn't hear vocals or some instruments so the music sounded really weird so I decided to go or a new Stereo.

I checked and it was like $1300 for a New Nakamichi Stereo.

So I decided to go aftermarket.

That was a BIG MISTAKE!

I went with Alpine because I thought Alpine was a good quality brand.

ButBoy was I WRONG.

About 5 months ago the cd changer went out it had a strange problem it starts playing bt quits in midtrac and sometimes changing the track or CD will help but soetimes I almost get in an Accident because I'm playing with the radio to make itwork.

Wel last month brought it to a guy I know who repairs CD players and he thought that a part in the spinning mechanism was bad and caused the cd to have a little play that caused the problem.

He went and changed the part and viola it started working again.

But that only lasted for a month then it went bad again.

So now I want to sell the rest of the system really fast before they break.

The whole system costed me $2400.

That's with new Head unit new amps(2) and the cd changer.

I want some money back out of it becaus it'sm a bad quality product fo to much money.

But the thing is I don't have that kind of money to buy anew Lexus Stereo either.

So Ithought if some of you know someone or a company that fixes Lexus Stereos

If so I can sendmy Nakamichi system for repair an\d put itback in my car.

It seems like I'm the only one who bought Alpine' crap because their is no Forumonline that helps you incase youhave trouble with your system and at work nobody even KNOWS sombody who has an Alpine

SO now I'm stuck.

Please help me.

Because now I pulled the fuse so the rest of my system won't get used and burn but now I don't have any music in mycar and I don't like that

I have tried to read your post four times and simply cannot understand a thing you're saying. Between the misspelled words, missing punctuation, and bad grammar I'd swear you wear typing blind with your toes.

SO now I'm stuck.

Please help me.

Yes you are. $2,400 of audio gear into a 1994 car?!?!?! What did you pay for the car?

The new aftermarket equipment is only salvageable as a used sale on eBAY. That will at best net you thirty cents on the dollar. Then to go fix the in OEM car system now is more expensive as I expect all the wiring harnesses have been cut up as part of the aftermarket install.

Bottom line I think you're stuck with the aftermarket unit. If its malfunctioning then you have recourse via warranty. If the install was faulty then go to your installer. If its just you don't like the way it works, Caveat Emptor.

whoever installed that radio had to have mess something up. I have an aftermarket jvc radio in my car and it works just fine. Antenna works everything. Only problems i've ever had with it, is the bass is so loud in my car that it will shake the face plate loose and make all the numbers and letters cross. I would just buy a new head unit and rewire the car for the new head unit. by the way i had to call jvc the other day b/c my radio had all these options like sub w. control and stuff like that. I will say jvc has VERY good customer support. Took me through step by step on how to get it all working.

No my front speakers ARE working but My Nakamichi system played all 4 speakers in a way that it sounded like the 2 rear speakers in a surround sound system so something has messed up i a way that the audio doesn't play completely it only plays the suround sound system part of the audio and did that only with FM or CD.

The tape deck played fine.

Now the problem with my NEW ALpine system is the cd changer that it doesn't play cd's well it cuts in and out or stops playing.

The install is fine the thing is I noticed a big drop in quality of allelectronics stuff since 2008

At home my blue ray player went out just after 1.5 years a chip onthe board has gone bad so it can't be repaired and my Sony tv also has a problem I have t change the optical block every year and everyone at work who buys new stuff get problems with them.

There is something happening with Sony Sharp Toshiba and all these brands their quality went WAY DOWN.

With Alpine it's the same thing.

IT was a good quality brand but it's gone way down now look at the problems I have now.

The alpine plays well but cds doesn't work

..."is I noticed a big drop in quality of allelectronics stuff since 2008

At home my blue ray player went out just after 1.5 years a chip onthe board has gone bad so it can't be repaired and my Sony tv also has a problem I have t change the optical block every year and everyone at work who buys new stuff get problems with them.

There is something happening with Sony Sharp Toshiba and all these brands their quality went WAY DOWN.

With Alpine it's the same thing.

IT was a good quality brand but it's gone way down now look at the problems I have now."...

Very few of these companies design or manufacture their own products anymore. Large asian manufacturers (Foxconn, Flextronics, Sanmina, Jabil, Elcoteq,...) build the products for these guys under the OEM brand. In doing so the quality sometimes gets compromised as the OEM brand assumes their supplier is rigorous in the testing of product. Commoditization has dropped prices so low there is very little profit left in consumer electronics. As such costs are cut everywhere.

ok but does anybody have a solution?

I found a place online called audio video service stop and they say they can repair all kinds of stock car radios including the Pioneer Nakamichi system in the Lexus.

In the meantime I think I' going to buy a Palm thungsten that's a palmtop computer thatcan play mp3s and connect that to an i Griffin or something like that that's an fm transmitter so then I'll set it to play my mp3s on an Fm frequency.

I can't buy another i Pod because the newer i pods require USB 2.0 and my computer doesn't have that s I'll need anew Computer PLUS the i Pod and that's a total of about $1000 that I refuse to spend after spending $2400 last year for my stereo system.

Electronics has become a pain in the rear now I wish they didn't phase out the Cassete tape yet.

That was a lot easier.

NOw there are only 2 mp3's player on the market one is the i pod the other is the creative Zen xfi but that's not compatable with macs and I got a mac so the onlyn option for me is the Palm thungsten that costs like $199.

But that's ok because I actually wanted to get a Palm ever since Palm pilot came out but never got to buy one.

Not only that I can download software to it like older games or something like that soI can have something to do when I'm in a doctors office or something like that.

But electronics these days are killing me.

At home I got a Sony Wega 60 inch rear projection tv that has ayellow blob on it for the THIRD time.

This is the last year of the warranty so they will replace it but after june this year I'm on my own if the tv goes on again.

My blue ry player went out too right now I have a C band system connected to my tv from the90's wityh a 4dtv box it's all old stuff but they work better then new ones today.

If this keeps up I'm gonna keep buing only used electronics stuffsince new stuff are so unreliable anyway

I can't buy another i Pod because the newer i pods require USB 2.0 and my computer doesn't have that s I'll need anew Computer PLUS the i Pod and that's a total of about $1000 that I refuse to spend after spending $2400 last year for my stereo system.

USB spec requires USB 2.0 devices to down shift to USB 1.0 if that device (host) can't go to USB2.0. It might a bit on the slow side but it will work.

That said an add on USB board for a desktop computer is less than $30 so you can get to USB on your home computer without major expense. Here's one for $8 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...3-001-_-Product

If you have a laptop something like this will get you usb 2.0 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16839158015

I found a place online called audio video service stop and they say they can repair all kinds of stock car radios including the Pioneer Nakamichi system in the Lexus.

In the meantime I think I' going to buy a Palm thungsten that's a palmtop computer thatcan play mp3s and connect that to an i Griffin or something like that that's an fm transmitter so then I'll set it to play my mp3s on an Fm frequency.

Electronics has become a pain in the rear now I wish they didn't phase out the Cassete tape yet.

That was a lot easier.

NOw there are only 2 mp3's player on the market one is the i pod the other is the creative Zen xfi but that's not compatable with macs and I got a mac so the onlyn option for me is the Palm thungsten that costs like $199.

But that's ok because I actually wanted to get a Palm ever since Palm pilot came out but never got to buy one.

Not only that I can download software to it like older games or something like that soI can have something to do when I'm in a doctors office or something like that.

At home I got a Sony Wega 60 inch rear projection tv that has ayellow blob on it for the THIRD time.

This is the last year of the warranty so they will replace it but after june this year I'm on my own if the tv goes on again.

My blue ry player went out too right now I have a C band system connected to my tv from the90's wityh a 4dtv box it's all old stuff but they work better then new ones today.

If this keeps up I'm gonna keep buing only used electronics stuffsince new stuff are so unreliable anyway

Do you think you could learn to type a little? And maybe cut out the entire crying episode about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread? No one really cares about your TV or DVD player.

That was a lot easier.

Do you think you could learn to type a little? And maybe cut out the entire crying episode about stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with the thread? No one really cares about your TV or DVD player.

RDM _ C'mon man....this is not the time to be mean. We are a community here and experessing how one feels is allowed regardless of weather or not it pertains to a spicific problem. Nobody has perfect grammar nor sentence structure, so please, if you are not going to help, perhaps you should think about keeping your negative comments to yourself.

As for the problem at hand, I would suggest replacing the head unit and cd changer. I have had a Kenwood DVD player and cd changer in my 90' LS400 for over 3 years now and never had a problem. I have owned many cars, tried different brand of radios and I have found Kenwood head units to be one of the best and that is always what I recommend to my friends.

RDM _ C'mon man....this is not the time to be mean. We are a community here and experessing how one feels is allowed regardless of weather or not it pertains to a spicific problem. Nobody has perfect grammar nor sentence structure, so please, if you are not going to help, perhaps you should think about keeping your negative comments to yourself.

My point exactly, how can someone offer assistance when they can't even decipher the gibberish they're trying to read?