Ls460 Doors Open By Itself?

It is a strange thing happen tonight with my car.

I have LS460-2007; tonight after work I went home & parked my car inside the garage.

Few minutes ago, I went down to my garage, all 4 windows rolled down, the sunroof open.

Only me at home at this time.

It happened once before few months ago but at that time I didn't pay attention on it.

How can it be when the key car still inside my pocket, house locked, nobody home so no-one can do it.

Do I have a ghost at home? I don't know. :angry:

Anybody has a same thing sometimes?

Check the "Customizable Features" in your Owner's Manual. I believe 2009 LS models can have the control of power windows using the wireless remote control turned on or off. Off is the default position. Turning this off might avoid problems with inadvertent activation and your issue, of course if that was indeed the problem.

Thank you for the replies; I didn't know about this option; my bad!

I did try to push the unlock button few seconds and all windows rolling down and the left & right mirrors fold-in too. :lol:

I also forget how to set the mirrors fold-in when we turn off the engine; :o

Anyone remember?

TIA

The 2009 LS460 has a rocker folding switch for the outside rear view mirrors located under the left driver’s dash air vent left of the steering wheel. To quote the Owner’s Manual:

“Putting the outside rear view mirror folding switch in the neutral position sets the mirrors in automatic mode. Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/unlocking of the doors.”

So, if you don't want the mirrors to fold back when you leave the vehicle leave the switch in the left position.

By the way; I down loaded the various sections of the Owner’s Manual from the Lexus web site. There were a lot of them and all can be saved as pdf documents. I used a utility to merge them all in the appropriate order. This gives me an easily readable copy of the manual that can be searched. Unfortunately the page/section links in the document don’t work. I did manually put links in for the major sections. This took a bit of time but I suppose it was worth the time (it also helps to be retired!!). Does anyone know if the complete copy of the Owner’s Manual is available from Lexus on line? It would be nice to simply do a single download and have all links functional.

The 2009 LS460 has a rocker folding switch for the outside rear view mirrors located under the left driver’s dash air vent left of the steering wheel. To quote the Owner’s Manual:

“Putting the outside rear view mirror folding switch in the neutral position sets the mirrors in automatic mode. Automatic mode allows the folding or extending of the mirrors to be linked to locking/unlocking of the doors.”

So, if you don't want the mirrors to fold back when you leave the vehicle leave the switch in the left position.

By the way; I down loaded the various sections of the Owner’s Manual from the Lexus web site. There were a lot of them and all can be saved as pdf documents. I used a utility to merge them all in the appropriate order. This gives me an easily readable copy of the manual that can be searched. Unfortunately the page/section links in the document don’t work. I did manually put links in for the major sections. This took a bit of time but I suppose it was worth the time (it also helps to be retired!!). Does anyone know if the complete copy of the Owner’s Manual is available from Lexus on line? It would be nice to simply do a single download and have all links functional.

Thank you for the info; I lost the owner's manual that why I have to ask here.

I'll go to Lexus website and download them; thanks again.

• 4 months later...

I have the same thing with my '99 LS400. All the windows open. My wife has called my out of bed because she hears a beeping noise and sees the windows coming down. I have seem it myself....with the keys hanging in the kitchen.

I am also having a problem where the car doesn't start occasionally and needs a jump. This can happen if the car idles for 15 minutes, or I have the door open for 15 minutes, or if the only driving I do in a day is just car rotation in the driveway. Seems fine if I take it on a long ride.

And after the windows go down, the car WILL start. Not sure if these are independent or related. It is at the dealers (8 days now) and of course everything is functioning normally.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

John

I have the same thing with my '99 LS400. All the windows open. My wife has called my out of bed because she hears a beeping noise and sees the windows coming down. I have seem it myself....with the keys hanging in the kitchen.

I am also having a problem where the car doesn't start occasionally and needs a jump. This can happen if the car idles for 15 minutes, or I have the door open for 15 minutes, or if the only driving I do in a day is just car rotation in the driveway. Seems fine if I take it on a long ride.

And after the windows go down, the car WILL start. Not sure if these are independent or related. It is at the dealers (8 days now) and of course everything is functioning normally.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

John

Remove the battery from all but one key, repeat until you have found the bad key. Replace your main car battery, step one when dealing with Lexus electrical problems.If you have any after market equipment on the car remove it. As you may know it is easy to remove items from the back seat and not have the rear drivers door fully closed and walk away with the door slightly open and the car lights on.

• 3 weeks later...