Diagram For 1994 Es300 O2 Sensor

mkm0923

I am replacing my O2 sensor (bank 1/ sensor 1) on my 1994 Lexus ES 300 and do not have a diagram. Does anyone have this so I can ensure I am doing this correctly? I am not mechanically inclined, so if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to conduct this please let me know. Also, I am going to use a Bosch replacement part and any feedback on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I believe it is between the firewall and the engine. At least that is where Bank 1 Sensor 1 is on a 99 ES. I couldn't reach it from the hood and paid an independent mechanic $30 or so to change it. He jacked up the car and reached it from underneath.

you can reach from the hood. but somebody do it for $30, not a bad idea

See, that is what I thought but after reading several posts in which some claim the sensor is located up front (easily accessible from the hood) and others state the sensor is between the firewall and the engine. This is the reason why I am posting this thread. I have the means to do it myself, I just want to ensure I am changing out the right bank 1/ sensor 1.

I have the service manual for a 93 ES and it shows the Bank 1 Sensor 1 as the one between the firewall and the engine. Since both 93 and 99 have the same location, I guess we can safely assume that in your 94 ES the sensor is in the same location.

Thanks for the clarification. If anyone else has any other information please drop a line. I am going to attempt this today or tomorrow and hopefully it will not be too painful.

Still looking for a diagram if anyone has it.

B1S1 is between firewall and engine. I replaced by standing driver side. and was not hard to open. Difficult part was diconnecting plug. I needs to buy sensor removal tool from orailly for $10

It is a good idea to replace both at same time.(By radiator and by firewall)