Just Info About Speakers

Zdeno

Today I changed the speakers on my 1991 LS400 and it was easy. I used this web for remove door panels -

http://carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusLS400FDrPnlR.htm

And I bought JBL P-432 speakers like somebody gave me advise here. They fit for this car without problem because they have open holes. I found them on this web for good price I thing -

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-NvMZJEHVqdc/c...w.asp?i=109P432

I got them in 2 days for shipping $ 4.50. The sound is perfect but they are little bit more bass then original nakamichi speakers so it is better to put them to both sides. It tooks me about 30 minutes per door.

no offence but speakers are not that great for the money you paid. you can get top of the line pioneer 2-way speakers on ebay for this kind of money. i use crutchfueld just to see whats out there and then buy stuff either at ebay or at local warehouses. i love JBL and i use it at home but when it comes to car stereo you should use iterh pioneer, kenwood, polk or at least sony.

• 2 months later...

My JBL was 4" with open holes. The 5 1/2" will not to fit, because original spekaers are 4 1/2. If you will buy th peakers without open holes you have to drill them.

What was the reason that you changed your speakers? Because, my front two speakers are not working or at least what I think. I don't hear any music or feel any bass coming out of them. The front tweaters are so loud that it is kind of confusing to determine that; but is this a common problem? That the front speakers don't work or they do but are not so loud?

My speakers weren't working. took them apart and put and amp meter to them. They where dead. I put some old speakers out of the garage in there and they worked fine. I guess it isn't than uncommon to fry a speaker. Glad it was than and not the amp or controller.

Bob

you can always check if its working or not by put fader and balance to their respective extrme positions and then putting your ear next to the speaker being tested:)

Same speaker issues with my 91LS, but I am working on it, when my wife let's me.

Anyway, I was being optimistic, and it did not work. I took off the panel and took the speaker out of the driver's door and it did not work. Took it in the house and tried it and it did no work there either, then I tried a newer speaker that I knew works in the door and no luck. So my system is needing more attention than I had hoped.

The rear does not work either.

Anyway, that was the most painful put-back-together I have ever done because I know I am going to have to take it apart again. Not that it is really that difficult, but the time it takes I would rather spend on something else -- like the antenna, and that is the same experience as well. Took it apart and found that the line is not broken, just worn.

Now I am waiting on new mast. Dealer has it for $63 bucks.

what i would recommend to do is to get the tester and test the wires while your door panel is removed. disconnect wires from the amp and check if you have continuity in all of them. it will make ur life easier.