Dcfish - Need Advice On Ml Amp

SH430

I have a 2001 LS430 UL, and recently the radio was working fine in the morning but there was no sound when I left work in the afternoon. From what I have read in the fourms, I am guessing the amp is the problem. I have metered the speakers and did'nt find anything open or shorted to ground. What else can I check, or is it just time to buy an amp?

I have a 2001 LS430 UL, and recently the radio was working fine in the morning but there was no sound when I left work in the afternoon. From what I have read in the fourms, I am guessing the amp is the problem. I have metered the speakers and did'nt find anything open or shorted to ground. What else can I check, or is it just time to buy an amp?

Possibly the amp, I would say so from here. Not unusual though. You could check for a loose connector. :unsure:

Possibly the amp, I would say so from here. Not unusual though. You could check for a loose connector. :unsure:

Thanks for replying so quickly, dcfish. Any help / advice you can give will be much appreciated. I have read many postings on club lexus of other "01"LS owners having the amplifier go bad. They have even gone so far as to say the "01" amps are defective and must be replaced with "02" or newer amp. Your reputation preceeds you in regards to Lexus audio systems, and you say these amps do not usually go bad. I have already checked the connections at the amp, removing and reinstalling the 3 plugs. Is there any way to tell if the amp is okay other than replacing it? Could you recommend a supplier for a used amp?

Thanks for replying so quickly, dcfish. Any help / advice you can give will be much appreciated. I have read many postings on club lexus of other "01"LS owners having the amplifier go bad. They have even gone so far as to say the "01" amps are defective and must be replaced with "02" or newer amp. Your reputation preceeds you in regards to Lexus audio systems, and you say these amps do not usually go bad. I have already checked the connections at the amp, removing and reinstalling the 3 plugs. Is there any way to tell if the amp is okay other than replacing it? Could you recommend a supplier for a used amp?

You could bring the amp in and have it tested, I will look to see if I have an amp for your 2001 LS430 UL.

I had the same problem check the power to the amp some times for odd reasons amp will not get full 12v only 2 or 3 volts and there are two 12v power connectors in the amp check both I have to route new power cable all the way from head unit to the amp and since it's working perfect.

You could bring the amp in and have it tested, I will look to see if I have an amp for your 2001 LS430 UL.

Is there a web site for your shop? I tried to find a list of vendors on fourm. but I'm still learning my way around. I suspect I would have to ship the amp to you, and that would be okay.

I checked the "acc" power to the amp, and it is 12+. I am looking at the wiring diagram and don't see the other power input. I'll go back and meter all the connections to the amp. Thanks, Malikqais.

i am looking for an amp also, i have a 2001 with ML and NAV. any help in locating one or repairing this one would be helpful. thanks

I installed my refurbished amplifier today and problem solved. The instructions that came with the unit said that I should wait up to 5 minutes while the amp communicates with the radio, and the radio and the car had to be on during this test. So, I waited several minutes, then tried turning up the sound, and it worked!

I ended up getting my amp from my local Lexus dealer. I told them that I found an amp online for $495, and they gladly offered to match the price. Lexus backs the unit with a 12 month warranty. I might of been able to find an amp for less, but I was tired of messing around, I liked the warranty, and I was able to purchase locally.

Thanks to all for you support and assistance!

I ended up getting my amp from my local Lexus dealer. I told them that I found an amp online for $495, and they gladly offered to match the price. Lexus backs the unit with a 12 month warranty. I might of been able to find an amp for less, but I was tired of messing around, I liked the warranty, and I was able to purchase locally.

Thanks to all for you support and assistance!

checked with my dealer and they told me they couldnt get anywhere near the $450 electronics master from georgia was selling it for. it was far below their cost they claim. $720 exchange was dealer price. i ordered mine and should have it early next week. i cant wait to have my music back.