Adjustment Needed For Wipers

mnesbit

Get out your 14 mm socket wrench, open the hood, remove the bolt/nut holding the wiper arm to the shaft, remove wiper arm, reinstall wiper arm repositioning it slightly higher on the windshield, wrench the bolt/nut back on but be reasonably gentle so you don't strip the threads.

Be careful not to close or let the hood drop until you are finished -- don't want to go trashing the arm.

I have a 95 LS 400 and the driver side wiper slaps hard on its downstroke. Does anybody know the adjustment so I can stop the slapping sound. Thanks

Do you have factory wipers on the car? I tried aftermarket wipers on my LS430 and was rewarded with a sound similar to what you discribe. I then installed factory Lexus wipers and the noise went away.

I have a 95 LS 400 and the driver side wiper slaps hard on its downstroke. Does anybody know the adjustment so I can stop the slapping sound. Thanks

Do you have factory wipers on the car? I tried aftermarket wipers on my LS430 and was rewarded with a sound similar to what you discribe. I then installed factory Lexus wipers and the noise went away.

I have factory wipers..originals.. i will try repositioning them