Parking Brake Warning Buzzer Problem

Sangusk

Hello everyone, this is my first post. My 2000 LX470 recently got this problem: when the parking brake is applied, parking brake indicator lights up (which is normal) but a warning buzzer goes on. The indicator and the buzz goes off if I release the parking brake. There is no other braking problem at all.

-One dealer told me the car is perfectly safe to drive, but there is a short in a junction box that cost $1600CDN to replace.

-Another dealer said they will need to perform a 2 hour check on all the braking system to pinpoint the problem.

I browsed around the forum but no one seems to have similar issue.

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, this is my first post. My 2000 LX470 recently got this problem: when the parking brake is applied, parking brake indicator lights up (which is normal) but a warning buzzer goes on. The indicator and the buzz goes off if I release the parking brake. There is no other braking problem at all.

-One dealer told me the car is perfectly safe to drive, but there is a short in a junction box that cost $1600CDN to replace.

-Another dealer said they will need to perform a 2 hour check on all the braking system to pinpoint the problem.

I have same problem, Lexus said it was a box under driver seat and would cost ~2000 US. What did you end up doing , I just live with the annoyance.

My dealer quote nearly same. a little reseach I found there were slivers of steel from the manufacturing of the junction box shorting out the contacts. This is located in left kick panel next to foot rest, next to fuse box. I blasted the box with compressed air and buzzer problem has gone away.

• 3 years later...