Engine Vsc Lights On Dash! Code 0051 Help!

I recently took a trip to GA from NY and on the way back a 3 lights popped on my dash. I quickly took my car to the autozone to get a reading and was told it was code 0051 which seems like a sensor has gone bad or my gas filters may be bad. What is it? I have searched forums but their is nothing on code p0051?! am I the first that this has happened to? Can anyone help with the details of what it is and how in detail can I get this fixed. HELP!!!

I recently took a trip to GA from NY and on the way back a 3 lights popped on my dash. I quickly took my car to the autozone to get a reading and was told it was code 0051 which seems like a sensor has gone bad or my gas filters may be bad. What is it? I have searched forums but their is nothing on code p0051?! am I the first that this has happened to? Can anyone help with the details of what it is and how in detail can I get this fixed. HELP!!!

I have the same problem with my GS300. I took my car to my local Lexus Service Center and was told that one of my oxygen sensors was bad and in need of replacement. (337.00) parts and labor. In my car it is sensor #2 in Bank #1. I decided to find the part online and get a local mechanic who works on Lexus cars to do the installation. My total doing it this way is going to be a little less than 200.00.

Good luck.

Did you check your gas cap for proper fit and tightness? Just one of those freebie things to check before spending the money.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I posted this reply in another thread, maybe it may help you, I wish, Good Luck

Hello everyone, this is my first post.

I also own a 98 GS300 since November and I encountered that Issue 3 times already. Living In canada and getting pretty cold weather, one morning I got stuck in snow and gave a bit too much on the gas pedal. That was the first time these Lights came on, I also noticed that the VSC control really got off since I could drift in the road pretty easily. It reseted after I got the motor to off for a good time, couple of hours. Hapenned to me 2 others times, when I tried to accelerate really fast from a stop.

I went to the deal and talked with some mecanicians. One of them had already seen this problem 2 times he said. He says it's probably the abs pump in the main abs control computer (if I can say so) that is getting aged and tired. However this cannot just be changed, it requires the change the whole module, which is around 3000$ CAN.

To myself, this looks like a good explanation to my problem, would make sense since it happens when I ask a lot of power to the car. I hope this helped you, if however it happened in the same circomstance as I had. Sorry for my bad english.

Good Luck !