Windshield Washer Reservoir

billerbeck

I recently purchased a 2002 SC430 which has leak in the windshield washer reservoir. I can barely see the reservoir down behind the left headlight assembly. But does anybody know the best way way to access it. Is it from above or from inside the left front wheel well? Any help would be appreciated. Is there a recommended shop manual also?

Yes, the windshield washer reservoir and washer pumps of most vehicles made by Toyota the past couple of decades is accessed through the wheel well after pealing back the inner fender liner. Repair manuals are available from Lexus although the sets I've bought for each of my Lexus LS cars have not been all that detailed and sometimes have assumed an advanced level of knowledge that only a Lexus trained mechanic would have.

Yes, the windshield washer reservoir and washer pumps of most vehicles made by Toyota the past couple of decades is accessed through the wheel well after pealing back the inner fender liner. Repair manuals are available from Lexus although the sets I've bought for each of my Lexus LS cars have not been all that detailed and sometimes have assumed an advanced level of knowledge that only a Lexus trained mechanic would have.

Thanks for the quick reply . . . time to get dirty.

I recently purchased a 2002 SC430 which has leak in the windshield washer reservoir. I can barely see the reservoir down behind the left headlight assembly. But does anybody know the best way way to access it. Is it from above or from inside the left front wheel well? Any help would be appreciated. Is there a recommended shop manual also?

MY 2005 SC430 washer reservoir also has a leak. I purchased a replacement reservoir from the dealer- They want $170 to install it. I pulled off most of the left fender well, and candidly became intimidated by all the 'stuff' in there- I've done this before when I was driving Toyotas...

I also would love access to the repair manual..

MY 2005 SC430 washer reservoir also has a leak. I purchased a replacement reservoir from the dealer- They want $170 to install it. I pulled off most of the left fender well, and candidly became intimidated by all the 'stuff' in there- I've done this before when I was driving Toyotas...

Chuck, did removing the fender well reveal the reservoir? Is that the way to go? Thanks.

John Billerbeck

Chuck, did removing the fender well reveal the reservoir? Is that the way to go? Thanks.

John Billerbeck

John,

Yes- I could see the reservoir. There were a lot of other things to remove to actually get access. I candidly did not pull off all of the the wheel well cowling. I think the only way to really get at everything is to jack up the car.

Chuck

• 11 years later...

Hi, the problem of my 2005 SC430 wiper washer is that it did not work at all,,, anybody knows, what happened to it, maybe fuse, maybe the pump or the actuator, the tank is full but the light on the dash still on.."Help"