Ls400 Seat Compatibility...

greatsave9

Trying to find new seats for a 1990 LS400. So I was wondering are the new 95-00 models compatible? Or is there a store, Ive been searchin around the forum and cant find any information. All the seats need to be replaced. Any information or has anyone done it. Do the bolts match up so the fits sit from the first gen VS the 2nd gen model LS400s. THX.

A Lexus dealer parts department might be able to answer your question or perhaps you could contact a salvage yard. I had a 90 LS for many years and bought a 2000 LS recently. I suspect that the back seats are different because it was obvious how to remove the backseat bottom cushion in the 90 LS (by pulling the two tabs) but there are no tables on the cushion of the 2000 LS. Consider using seats from a 91-92 since those cars were virtually identical to your 90 or from a 93-94 which were still not all that much different. If the seats are basically sound, maybe an auto upholstery shop could redo them. Good luck!