92 Sc400 Fuel Tank Issue

omega6485

ok. this might be a question apparent to any fuel tank, not just the lexus. the other day i put gas in and was topping off and over filled a bit i guess. started coming out the neck a bit. i mopped it up and went on. then i noticed my gas gauge was only read about half full. and if i have like on half a tank left, it shows empty. and advice as to what happened in the tank?

ok. this might be a question apparent to any fuel tank, not just the lexus. the other day i put gas in and was topping off and over filled a bit i guess. started coming out the neck a bit. i mopped it up and went on. then i noticed my gas gauge was only read about half full. and if i have like on half a tank left, it shows empty. and advice as to what happened in the tank?

I suspect the switch level indicator in the tank got stuck. Drive it around until you do a couple hundred miles, then check if it works

by filling the tank half way. It might dislodge the gauge.

I suspect the switch level indicator in the tank got stuck. Drive it around until you do a couple hundred miles, then check if it works

by filling the tank half way. It might dislodge the gauge.

well, ive done that already. if the car is running and just sitting still, the gauge goes up to full. the second i push the gas down the gauge goes down to empty