Adding Front Component To Es350 Ul Oem Speakers

Hello to all,

I am in the process of changing what i can on my ES 350 UL, the audio seems to be the place to start. I have a set of Infinity Perfect Kappa component that i want to install in the doors of the ES as replacement of the 6x9 (of course new support will be added) and the new tweeters can go to the oem tweeters placement. This is what i have : http://www.productwiki.com/infinity-kappa-perfect-5-1/

I know that the factory amp is weak, but i've heard that the Infinity component can handle low wattage. So, what would be the best way to install it ?

a) simply replace the speakers alone with the new one

B) replace speakers and tweeters, but i have the crossovers that comes with it and i don't know the wiring to the factory amp to put into

c) unplug the oem speakers and tweeters and install my component with an aftermarket amp (which i have) separately.

I know a little bit about audio since i've installed some in my old car, but i'm not an expert.

As per the OEM sub, i have a pretty good idea how to do it: remove the oem sub, install a RCA adaptor to the speakers wires and extend to the new sub amp and sub, of course, battery power line must be added.

thank you in advance for your inputs.

• 2 months later...
Hello to all,

I am in the process of changing what i can on my ES 350 UL, the audio seems to be the place to start. I have a set of Infinity Perfect Kappa component that i want to install in the doors of the ES as replacement of the 6x9 (of course new support will be added) and the new tweeters can go to the oem tweeters placement. This is what i have : http://www.productwiki.com/infinity-kappa-perfect-5-1/

I know that the factory amp is weak, but i've heard that the Infinity component can handle low wattage. So, what would be the best way to install it ?

a) simply replace the speakers alone with the new one

B) replace speakers and tweeters, but i have the crossovers that comes with it and i don't know the wiring to the factory amp to put into

c) unplug the oem speakers and tweeters and install my component with an aftermarket amp (which i have) separately.

I know a little bit about audio since i've installed some in my old car, but i'm not an expert.

As per the OEM sub, i have a pretty good idea how to do it: remove the oem sub, install a RCA adaptor to the speakers wires and extend to the new sub amp and sub, of course, battery power line must be added.

thank you in advance for your inputs.

Depending upon the sound system (Mark Levinson for example) will have a dedicated channel for each loud speaker. If this is the case (as is for navigation equipped vehicles) then each speaker has its own dedicated channel.

However, for base audio systems without any premium audio (standard AM/FM/CD in the dash) you simply wire up your crossover with the 'in' from the factory wires, and out of the Infinity crossover to the respective speaker (mid-bass and tweeter).

Lastly, the audio output of the headunit for all older Lexus and Toyota vehicles is left+ left- and right+ right-. Thus if you take out your amplifier (if equipped) you will lose the ability to fade front to rear. The AVC-LAN instructs how to distribute the sound front to rear via the TX+ and TX- (communication) wires. New Lexus vehicles like the 2010 RX350 have changed to a MOST network which will make changes (besides loudspeakers) nearly impossible.