Jack Points For 98 Sc300

brended

Hello! I am trying to jack up the front of my 98 SC300. I have seen a couple of places I think this could be done, but I don't want to take any chances. There is a silver piece that is toward the front of the car that I am guessing may be the cross member?? Then there is a black piece located at the back side of the oil pan. I am thinking the long silver piece that runs across the front of the car is where I should put the floor jack. I have some pics, but can't figure out how to upload them to the site.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

post-107397-1263598506_thumb.jpg

Here's an image from the Service Manual...

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/uploa...6_793_68711.jpg

JH

Thanks! That solves the whole issue. It is the silver piece. I have been looking for the manual in pdf, but can't find it anywhere. Evidently, Haynes, Chilton etc. do not make a manual.... I did find a pdf manual online for a GS300. I have been using it, but I wanted to make 100% sure that I was lifting the SC from the right place.

I do have another question. I was trying to upload/attach or otherwise get the pics onto the post. I could never figure out extactly how to do it. I did upload one to my facebook account and was able to link the url, but didn't want to be pulling pics from my facebook account and posting them here. Do you know how to insert photos into a post?

Thanks for your help!!!

Michael

Do you know how to insert photos into a post?

Click on the Browse button, Use the "Choose File to Upload" window to find and open the photo on your PC, and then click the UPLOAD button before you click the "Add Reply" button. Multiple attachments can be added to an original post or a reply ... perform the Browse and UPLOAD over and over.

post-2157-1263579293_thumb.png

Click on the Browse button, Use the "Choose File to Upload" window to find and open the photo on your PC, and then click the UPLOAD button before you click the "Add Reply" button. Multiple attachments can be added to an original post or a reply ... perform the Browse and UPLOAD over and over.

Wow...lol I don't know how I missed that last night...lol Thanks for pointing it out. I am about to change the brakes and have thought about trying to do a DIY and wanted to be able to upload a few pics.

Thanks for the response!

Michael

If you use "Add Reply" you can do an attachment. I didn't see that at first, so I created an "Album" in my profile and uploaded the image.

Don't know any other way.

If you use "Add Reply" you can do an attachment. I didn't see that at first, so I created an "Album" in my profile and uploaded the image.

Don't know any other way.

I tried that last night also. However, when I tried to upload a pic, it gave me an error that I had exceed my storage limit or something. I'm gonna look at it tonight and try to post some so that the thread will have some pics incase anyone else ever has the same question. Where did you find your pdf of the sc manual?

Thanks,

Michael

Wow...lol I don't know how I missed that last night...lol Thanks for pointing it out. I am about to change the brakes and have thought about trying to do a DIY and wanted to be able to upload a few pics.

Thanks for the response!

Michael

Hey Michael, the club can always use another diy! :cheers: To post images, try using a facility like Photobucket. With that site, you would first upload the images, then once they're on, just place your cursor over the image. A popup will appear. Near the bottom of this popup you will see the image code. Slide your cursor down to this code, highlight it, copy it, then insert it into your loc post. Photobucket gives you control over your image size and has some basic editing tools.