Buying New

RBT75

Just bought a new 2010 ES. Unfortunately someone just smashed the front when it was parked (467 miles). Left a note so it should be taken care of.

Anyway, I ended up getting connected to a local dealer through a site www.zag.com The purchase was done at $200 over invoice with absolutley no haggle or BS. I used this price as leverage to get other quotes. I actually got an offer for $650 less ($450 under invoice, they were basically willing to eat the advertising fee) but didn't take it cause the dealer was far away and my local dealer (Lexus of Cherry Hill) has a free ($150 credit per tire) tires for life program.

Bottom line, most people in this forum know EXACTLY what they want and buying through this website or at least using it for leverage will make your next buy the best experiance you've had.

Congrats on the new car! You will love it. Sorry about it getting hit – that is a horrible feeling when your car is bran new.

I certainly hope it wasn’t Snooki that hit you - being that she is on the loose in Jersey.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought my 2010 ES for $500 over invoice which was the best deal I could get without having to travel 2 or 3 hours away. I'm happy with the price and no other dealer nearby had the Matador Red that I wanted. I don't like the new gray floor mats, the carpet is light beige. Does anyone know if color keyed mats will be available or are we stuck with the gray ones? The placement of the heated/ventillated seat switches is not as good as the 07-09 and the console open oddly, you have to slide it back first and then flip it up. I preferred the 07-09 console, press the button and it opens. Other than those couple of very minor things the car is great.

I just bought my 2010 ES for $500 over invoice which was the best deal I could get without having to travel 2 or 3 hours away. I'm happy with the price and no other dealer nearby had the Matador Red that I wanted. I don't like the new gray floor mats, the carpet is light beige. Does anyone know if color keyed mats will be available or are we stuck with the gray ones? The placement of the heated/ventillated seat switches is not as good as the 07-09 and the console open oddly, you have to slide it back first and then flip it up. I preferred the 07-09 console, press the button and it opens. Other than those couple of very minor things the car is great.

I like the way it opens, you can put your ipod/music player/cell phone and connect it to the aux (which btw are better placed as well) without having wires crimped when you close the console or having to open the console to have access to the devices. You just slide it back and you still have an arm rest. And, I think the seat warmer/cooler switches are in the same exact spot, but the console is a little shorter so you can see them without having to lean forward when you look down. Those are three small improvements that I noticed.