1998-2000 Shop Manual

billydpowell

1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 SERVICE SHOP MANUAL

this is listed on ebay

YOU ARE BUYING A 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 SHOP/SERVICE MANUAL. IT COVERS ALL MODELS FROM THAT YEAR. YOU WILL RECIEVE A PDF VERSION TO READ AND USE INSTANTLY AFTER PAYMENT. IT IS VERY COMPLETE AND A MUST HAVE BOOK FOR ANY 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 OWNER.

This manual contains technical information for the 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 :

Introduction

Lubrication & Maintenance

Suspension

Differential & Driveline

Brakes

Clutch

Cooling

Audio/Video

Chime/Buzzer

Electronic Control Modules

Engine Systems

Heated Systems

Horn

Ignition Control

Instrument Cluster

Lamps

Message Systems

Power Systems

Restraints

Speed Control

Vehicle Theft Security

Wipers/Washers

Navigation/Telecommunication

Wiring

Engine

Exhaust System

Frame & Bumpers

Fuel System

Steering

Transmission and Transfer Case

Tires/Wheels

Body

Heating & Air Conditioning

Emissions Control

Component and System Index

YOU WILL RECIEVE THIS TO YOUR PAYPAL ADDRESS WITHIN 15 MINUTES. NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT RECIEVE IT PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL OR TURN OFF YOUR SPAM FILTER.

YOU ARE RECIEVING A PDF VERSION THAT EVERY COMPUTER CAN VIEW AS LONG AND AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE. YOU CAN PRINT OUT THE WHOLE THING OR JUST THE PAGES YOU NEED!!

anyone have any info on this, is it any good??

Well they are excellent manuals but I suspect its just someone who downloaded the manual from Toyota's web site and now is illegally selling it. You can join yourself for $15 for 48 hours and download it yourself. Its a bit of a chore to download the 1845 files (for 2004 LS430). You also lose some of the hot links that jump you around from section to section. Web site is below:

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfoPortal/...el=ti_home_page

Save your money my fellow club owner, I have a .pdf repair manual for 98-00 LS400. It covers:

Introduction

AC

Automatic Transmission

Body

Body Electrical

Brake Charging

Cooling

Emission Control

Engine Mechanical

Ignition

Lubrication

Maintenance

Preparation

Propeller Shaft

Service Specifications

SFI

Starting

Steering

Supplemental Restraint System

Suspension and Axel

If interested, provide me an email address and ill gladly send you a copy. Cheers!

Save your money my fellow club owner, I have a .pdf repair manual for 98-00 LS400. It covers:

Introduction

AC

Automatic Transmission

Body

Body Electrical

Brake Charging

Cooling

Emission Control

Engine Mechanical

Ignition

Lubrication

Maintenance

Preparation

Propeller Shaft

Service Specifications

SFI

Starting

Steering

Suspension and Axel

If interested, provide me an email address and ill gladly send you a copy. Cheers!

OK, my LS's are 97's it seems like most items would be the same, excusing some accessories. but the basics, motor, (not the transmission, I know) suspension, rear end, brakes .. right?

if so, billydpowell@hotmail.com

Now I am a retired mechanic, so I would not use these as a "last word" but a guide.

Billy,

Read your PMs! I sent you a link at 8:30 am this morning telling you where you can download the 98-00 LS400 repair manual from: http://home.student.utwente.nl/gombertm/lexus/

Don't know how long it will be there. The same ZIP file has been passed around for several years.

The ZIP file is over 20 megabytes which is well above the maximum attachment size of many email services -- downloading it may be your best shot.

Billy,

Read your PMs! I sent you a link at 8:30 am this morning telling you where you can download the 98-00 LS400 repair manual from: http://home.student.utwente.nl/gombertm/lexus/

Don't know how long it will be there. The same ZIP file has been passed around for several years.

The ZIP file is over 20 megabytes which is well above the maximum attachment size of many email services -- downloading it may be your best shot.

Yes, thanks, I got it (download), do you know where the index is??

Billy,

Hey Billy, After you dnld it just copy it to wherever you want and it should unzip to a folder called "2000 Lexus LS 400 - Complete". Open the folder and the directory is right there. ;)

Billy,

Hey Billy, After you dnld it just copy it to wherever you want and it should unzip to a folder called "2000 Lexus LS 400 - Complete". Open the folder and the directory is right there. ;)

yes, I did that and it shows the "sections" AC, Body, Cooling & so on.. but when you enter one of those, you have a mass of PDF's without any identificaton...

is there an index for this?

yes, I did that and it shows the "sections" AC, Body, Cooling & so on.. but when you enter one of those, you have a mass of PDF's without any identificaton...

These PDF's are just a bunch of files downloaded from the Lexus/Toyota Techinfo website -- same as some of the CD's sold on eBay. I don't think there is an "index" although I guess someone who knows how and has the time could build a clickable index menu. I've got the hard copy so I nominate you, Billy, to build an HTML index menu -- it's not all that difficult ... it could be done with MS Word.

These PDF's are just a bunch of files downloaded from the Lexus/Toyota Techinfo website -- same as some of the CD's sold on eBay. I don't think there is an "index" although I guess someone who knows how and has the time could build a clickable index menu. I've got the hard copy so I nominate you, Billy, to build an HTML index menu -- it's not all that difficult ... it could be done with MS Word.

boy, you are allllll heart, I'll diddle with it and see.

boy, you are allllll heart, I'll diddle with it and see.

So does that make you "Billy Diddly"? :P

more like Billy dumb...

I picked a small group, Transmission, opened each one, saw what it dealt with, kept its "line item#" and added the name of the item it was dealing with, torque conv, shift lock and so on.

that will take a loooooong time. but if I live long enough, I will zip it and share it.

• 1 month later...

i would appreciate if you could e-mail me a copy. windsurfer59@hotmail.com. thanks a lot

Introduction

AC

Automatic Transmission

Body

Body Electrical

Brake Charging

Cooling

Emission Control

Engine Mechanical

Ignition

Lubrication

Maintenance

Preparation

Propeller Shaft

Service Specifications

SFI

Starting

Steering

Suspension and Axel

• 4 weeks later...

Introduction

AC

Automatic Transmission

Body

Body Electrical

Brake Charging

Cooling

Emission Control

Engine Mechanical

Ignition

Lubrication

Maintenance

Preparation

Propeller Shaft

Service Specifications

SFI

Starting

Steering

Suspension and Axel

pls sent to me thanks!! simonhsia@163.com

I bought it and it works good the only problem is that you have to look thngs by numbers it is not ordered by names, it would say engine, and it presents you with 50 PDF files without names, you can name them but it takes a longtime, because once you open the file it has the name. But for the price it is good and I have posted parts in this forum. C

1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 SERVICE SHOP MANUAL

this is listed on ebay

YOU ARE BUYING A 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 SHOP/SERVICE MANUAL. IT COVERS ALL MODELS FROM THAT YEAR. YOU WILL RECIEVE A PDF VERSION TO READ AND USE INSTANTLY AFTER PAYMENT. IT IS VERY COMPLETE AND A MUST HAVE BOOK FOR ANY 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 OWNER.

This manual contains technical information for the 1998 1999 2000 LEXUS LS400 :

Introduction

Lubrication & Maintenance

Suspension

Differential & Driveline

Brakes

Clutch

Cooling

Audio/Video

Chime/Buzzer

Electronic Control Modules

Engine Systems

Heated Systems

Horn

Ignition Control

Instrument Cluster

Lamps

Message Systems

Power Systems

Restraints

Speed Control

Vehicle Theft Security

Wipers/Washers

Navigation/Telecommunication

Wiring

Engine

Exhaust System

Frame & Bumpers

Fuel System

Steering

Transmission and Transfer Case

Tires/Wheels

Body

Heating & Air Conditioning

Emissions Control

Component and System Index

YOU WILL RECIEVE THIS TO YOUR PAYPAL ADDRESS WITHIN 15 MINUTES. NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT RECIEVE IT PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK MAIL OR TURN OFF YOUR SPAM FILTER.

YOU ARE RECIEVING A PDF VERSION THAT EVERY COMPUTER CAN VIEW AS LONG AND AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE. YOU CAN PRINT OUT THE WHOLE THING OR JUST THE PAGES YOU NEED!!

• 5 months later...
  • 10 years later...
On 1/13/2010 at 5:19 PM, CBLex said:

Introduction

AC

Automatic Transmission

Body

Body Electrical

Brake Charging

Cooling

Emission Control

Engine Mechanical

Ignition

Lubrication

Maintenance

Preparation

Propeller Shaft

Service Specifications

SFI

Starting

Steering

Suspension and Axel

• 3 years later...
On 2/1/2024 at 1:41 AM, josias said:

Where would I be able to get this repair manual?

Billy hasn't visited here in two years.

Your best bet is to get a hard copy from an ebay seller.  Or buy a short subscription to Toyota Information Service (TIS) and download it.  Be advised that this is super tedious.