Rear Wiper Blade - Rx400h

Trying to save others some time, money, stress & headaches... There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement rear blade on the Lexus RX400h. It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special rear wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

:wub:

Trying to save others some time, money, stress & headaches... There is an alternative to going to the dealer for a replacement rear blade on the Lexus RX400h. It may first appear that the blade and arm are one piece but if you take a look, you'll see the wiper blade can be replaced and its actually quite simple. It is a special rear wiper blade though. There may be other alternatives, but the "Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade" snaps right onto the special rear arm and looks like the factory original. You can find it online. Much cheaper than the dealer alternative and easier/less tedious than messing around with rubber blade refills. Comes with removal and replacement instructions too. Hope this helps.

:wub:

Well, I hope it is of better quality than the rubber refills I purchased from NAPA (Trico rubber only refills) that I used to replace the front wiper arms. They are better than the used factory rubber (they started to rip and streak lol) but they are no where near the quality of a nice fresh set of BOSCH (or the factory versions from Lexus from Japan). I hate when new wiper rubber leaves streaks, it just goes to show you, you get what you pay for....

Will be investing in a new set of BOSCH.

Cheers,

MadloR

Hi Jeff,

After reading your post I tried to purchase online on the "Wipers123.com" site, the MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE's wiper blades from Trico. Alltogether -driver side, -passenger side,-rear blades came up for a total cost of $42.17, shipping cost NOT included.

But since I live in Switzerland and "Wipers123.com" does not ship to my country, I was wondering if you or any other Lexus owners club estimated member would kindly do the transaction for me and tell me what amount I should be transferring him, all costs included ?

I can pay via PayPal or Google or Bank Transfer if best suited.

Thank you in advance to anyone who could help me on this.

Cheers.

1 Trico NeoForm(16-260)

17,38 USD

1 Trico NeoForm(16-220)

15,88 USD

1 Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade(14-A)

8,88 USD

But since I live in Switzerland and "Wipers123.com" does not ship to my country, I was wondering if you or any other Lexus owners club estimated member would kindly do the transaction for me and tell me what amount I should be transferring him, all costs included ?

I suggest buying the OEM rubber inserts for your wiper blades. I doubt that the Trico blades are better than Toyota/Lexus blades. Replacing the rubber blade inserts seems to be a challenge for some people but it is easy to do with practice -- about a two minute operation to install one rubber insert.

I have never found it necessary to remove a wiper blade from its arm or the wiper arm from the vehicle to replace a rubber insert on any Lexus or Toyota vehicle ... and I have replaced rubber blade inserts 100+ times.

Besides, discarding a wiper blade seems wasteful ... but that is just my opinion.