Horrific Gas Mileage

HunterXRen

Hey guys,

I am having a major issue with my 04 IS300. The gas mileage has been horrific in the city compared to what it was getting previously. I have noticed a significant decrease of city mpg and I can visually see it going down tick by tick in maybe a fifteen minute commute from work. I used a up a quarter tank in one day, I think that is a bit excessive. My car is 59k mileage, but I thought spark plugs could have been an issue so I changed those with my timing belt, water pump and many other parts. I thought after changing my spark plugs everything would be fine again but it is not unfortunately. If anyone is having a similar problem or resolved this issue please reply back. Thanks in advance!

So how bad is the gas mileage your referring to? Did you pull the 02 sensors and check those also? What about your fuel injectors? Do you have any codes or a cel?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What kind of plugs did you use?? Iridiums are required for the 01s - probly the same for yours. Go to the dealer for any parts for your car, in other words...just a possibility if you let a friend do your plugs he might've used platinums which will change how the timing works. This in turn can affect mileage