Blue Gauges

Ok dear Members !! :)

I made it...

Since I tried a few different blue acetates in tone and size before reaching satisfactory appearance (although not yet tested in daylight..), I have to admit I spent a total of 10$ on this whole mod.. But now that I found what I believe is the right acetate type and color, I could set 4 dashboards with 5 bucks of acetate. I know, Switzerland is expensive.. Anyway, here are the pics for your perusal. Enjoy!

post-94234-1264546300_thumb.jpg

post-94234-1264546310_thumb.jpg

post-94234-1264546343_thumb.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks FABULOUS Agosin! $10? Wow, I thought I spent a lot at $2.49! This is the best mod for the buck ever! Way to go...looks nice...oh, and it will look great in the daytime as well. Rey in LA

It looks FABULOUS Agosin! $10? Wow, I thought I spent a lot at $2.49! This is the best mod for the buck ever! Way to go...looks nice...oh, and it will look great in the daytime as well. Rey in LA

Thanks for your support Rey.

I had a great time in LA about 30 years ago.. I was supposed to spend three weeks and I stayed 6 months. I must say I was at a friends house in Malibu and life was real sweet at the time... Have you ever seen a house on the beach with blue turquoise tiles covering it's roof when walking along the ocean a bit north of Malibu? Well that was the place..

Best !

I had a great time in LA about 30 years ago.. I was supposed to spend three weeks and I stayed 6 months. I must say I was at a friends house in Malibu and life was real sweet at the time... Have you ever seen a house on the beach with blue turquoise tiles covering it's roof when walking along the ocean a bit north of Malibu? Well that was the place..

Best !

Yes, I love LA! I live in a really nice area, up high and can see a good distance from up here...thanks and let me know if you are ever out this way. Oh, did your gauges look ok in the day? toodles, Rey

Best !

Tomorrow or next day at latest I will report on daylight gauges appearance. I haven't had a chance to drive in daylight yet and my wife who usually uses the car during the day, still hasn't noticed the color change... NO, she isn't blond... :D

Yes, I love LA! I live in a really nice area, up high and can see a good distance from up here...thanks and let me know if you are ever out this way. Oh, did your gauges look ok in the day? toodles, Rey

Tomorrow or next day at latest I will report on daylight gauges appearance. I haven't had a chance to drive in daylight yet and my wife who usually uses the car during the day, still hasn't noticed the color change... NO, she isn't blond... :D

Ok, as I promised...

To be honest I would say that if I could have the gauges slightly brighter on daylight conditions, it would be perfect. Nonetheless, I found that altogether, the set-up is satisfactory and I intend to keep it permanently.

Best to all! :)

Ok, as I promised...

To be honest I would say that if I could have the gauges slightly brighter on daylight conditions, it would be perfect. Nonetheless, I found that altogether, the set-up is satisfactory and I intend to keep it permanently.

Best to all! :)

There are different types of acetate. Some are less dense in opacity and a little more in the cerulean blue hue....But I think mine are fine in the day time. Great to hear from you and your input. Rey in L.A.

• 3 weeks later...

I took my 06400h to get her 45K service and got some nice responses about my blue guages and the front lip...oh, and I was asked about the Harrier grille and Hawk emblem. I have to admit, for her being 4 years old now, the car looks good as new and runs like a top. Happy trails form warm L.A....yes, in February!

• 2 weeks later...

I was asked by the guys at my dealership if they could take pictures of the front grill,lip and Harrier emblem and the blue guages! It was really nice.

• 2 years later...

The dealership once again asked me how I did the blue gauges...it is always so fun to show them how it takes a minute to do and looks so nice.

I got mine at a hobby shop...no name, just got the only blue they had. I have seen packs of different color acetate at art stores as well or even using spot light gels....it's really nice. I don't have the time nor ability to do the work that cdluk so this is a great five minute mod...I am clever if nothing else....it's the simplest ideas that are the brilliant ones. It's also about a $3. mod! I have the price written somewhere on this post.....Rey

• 3 weeks later...

Got my blue acetate today, popped out the cluster cover and cut and installed, very pleased with the results....... Then I got a little more involved, pulled the radio, took it apart and slid in a piece infront of the display...... wasn't too difficult, just be careful setting the radio on the area around the shifter, I put a mark in my leather but think a day in the sun will pop the mark out.... I hope!!

post-26595-0-42413700-1341882527_thumb.j

post-26595-0-95645900-1341882547_thumb.j

Looked at the nav display and took a corner of a piece of acetate and sure enough, it will slide between the screen and the surrounding bezel..... so I cut a piece slightly bigger and slid that into place.... now I can't stand the clock display.... maybe tackle that this weekend....

post-26595-0-91142100-1341882876_thumb.j

post-26595-0-89767700-1341882889_thumb.j

post-26595-0-92398500-1341882917_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Got my blue acetate today, popped out the cluster cover and cut and installed, very pleased with the results....... Then I got a little more involved, pulled the radio, took it apart and slid in a piece infront of the display...... wasn't too difficult, just be careful setting the radio on the area around the shifter, I put a mark in my leather but think a day in the sun will pop the mark out.... I hope!!

Woah, that looks awesome!! I really like the radio LCD screen with the blue tint! I tried to "invert" it like i did with my gauge cluster LCD, but since we see it on an angle, it didn't look that great.