Lack Of Range On Remote.

The "key-mounted" remote for my 2001 GS300 has a very limited range. It barely works from inside my front door to the driveway which is only about 30ft away. It does have a new battery so that's not it. Does anybody else have this problem and is there any way to boost the range?

What does you owners manual say about the range of your remote? The owners manual for my 00 LS says "The operational range of the wireless remote control is approximately 1 meter (3 ft.)" although I think I have gotten it to work from as far away from the car as about 30 feet. ;)

The "key-mounted" remote for my 2001 GS300 has a very limited range. It barely works from inside my front door to the driveway which is only about 30ft away. It does have a new battery so that's not it. Does anybody else have this problem and is there any way to boost the range?

Pretty normal range, If you put the metal key on your chin and activate you can just about double the range...Strange but true, Your Jaw serves as an antena :wacko::blink::unsure:

Mine's the same way for both of them (I have to remotes for the car). DC's right about the chin trick! I know the previous owner of my car took it back to the dealership a few times complaining about the range of the keyfob remote. They replaced it twice. Oddly enough, the dedicated keyfob remote for our 4runner (stand alone fob not part of the key itself) has an insane range of about a football field! One thing that did help mine was to take it apart and clean everything up. All the gunk that gets stuck along the side of the buttons for some reason seemed to hinder it's performance.

Pretty normal range, If you put the metal key on your chin and activate you can just about double the range...Strange but true, Your Jaw serves as an antena :wacko::blink::unsure:

.....I don't know whether to laugh, or to be amazed :mellow:. I shall try this today!!!!!

Mine's the same way for both of them (I have to remotes for the car). DC's right about the chin trick! I know the previous owner of my car took it back to the dealership a few times complaining about the range of the keyfob remote. They replaced it twice. Oddly enough, the dedicated keyfob remote for our 4runner (stand alone fob not part of the key itself) has an insane range of about a football field! One thing that did help mine was to take it apart and clean everything up. All the gunk that gets stuck along the side of the buttons for some reason seemed to hinder it's performance.

So I guess mine is kind of normal and I have tried the "chin trick" and it does seem to work. My wife has a Sienna and like the 4runner the remote for that has a long range also.

Thanks for the responses.

.....I don't know whether to laugh, or to be amazed :mellow:. I shall try this today!!!!!

Prepare yourself to be amazed B)