Pitted Mirror

fspirt

I have a 05 RX330 that got the passengers side rear view mirror blasted with sand at the beach in a storm. So it is now pitted. I've tried rubbing compond but that doesn't help. Anyone have any ideas? Can the mirror itself be replaced or does the whole assembly have to be replaced?

Of course it can be replaced . I smashed the rt r-view on my Porsche. The little glass shop around the corner cut me a new one in an afternoon The trick is installing it as it is glued in with a contact cement. If your not mechanically inclined, any decent shop can do it for you. If you are mechanically unlined, you don't need my advice.

Regards, PK

P.S. Mine cost $35 but I installled.

Of course it can be replaced . I smashed the rt r-view on my Porsche. The little glass shop around the corner cut me a new one in an afternoon The trick is installing it as it is glued in with a contact cement. If your not mechanically inclined, any decent shop can do it for you. If you are mechanically unlined, you don't need my advice.

Regards, PK

P.S. Mine cost $35 but I installled.

Did you lose the heating capability?