Es250 Head Gasket Change

Cazim

:) Hello All. I have a 1990 ES250 with a blown head gasket @ 340K. I was wondering if it is just easier to take out the engine with the transmission? I'm having a lot of trouble taking off the distributor cap and the exsaust from the rear head (next to firewall). There is not enough place to remove the bolts. I'm going to change the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, spark plugs and also have to repair the rack and pinion because of a leak. I also have a punctured cv boot on the drivers side. Please let me know what you think and if there is a better way to remove the heads. Thanks!!!

:) Hello All. I have a 1990 ES250 with a blown head gasket @ 340K. I was wondering if it is just easier to take out the engine with the transmission? I'm having a lot of trouble taking off the distributor cap and the exsaust from the rear head (next to firewall). There is not enough place to remove the bolts. I'm going to change the head gaskets, water pump, thermostat, timing belt, spark plugs and also have to repair the rack and pinion because of a leak. I also have a punctured cv boot on the drivers side. Please let me know what you think and if there is a better way to remove the heads. Thanks!!!

Are u sure the car is worth it?

Are u sure the car is worth it? With that many miles doing a top end will blow out the bottom end.

why not? if he can do this himself..

Are u sure the car is worth it?

I don't know if you can locate an engine for your car anymore. You need one that would work with your transmission. If you do find out, it would be like $600. Then you might still want to do the timing belt on this replacement engine and etc. .stuff. . u end up looking at over $1000 for just parts.

still worth it?

• 1 month later...

Yeah. That is one thing that annoys me. There isn't enough place to remove the bolts.