Best Thread For 90k Belt/pump/thermo Change?

Can someone direct me to the best DIY thread for step-by-step to perform a 90K mile timing belt, coolant pump, coolant & thermostat change? 98 GS300 2JZ-GE

Any suggestions for best place to buy OEM parts is also welcome - thanks! :)

• 1 year later...

Can someone direct me to the best DIY thread for step-by-step to perform a 90K mile timing belt, coolant pump, coolant & thermostat change? 98 GS300 2JZ-GE

Any suggestions for best place to buy OEM parts is also welcome - thanks! :)

Bump. I'm looking for this as well. Thanks in advance.

Register at http://lexus.sewellparts.com with your forum member name and the timing belt kit (retail $469.34) for a 98 GS300 is $267.48. The kit includes:

* Coolant

* Timing Belt

* Water Pump

* Idler

* 3 O-Rings

The kit apparently does not include the tensioner which I've always had replaced with the timing belt on my Lexus V8 cars.

1990 LS400- Do you have any experience with the exhaust on your UZ V8? I need two new cats, the pair next to the exhaust manifolds, and I'd rather go aftermarket to save money. My Lexus dealer says Florida is the one state where it's legal to not have catalytics, can I get straight pipes or will this throw off the engine management or EGR or mufflers?

Sorry, I can't help you. The only car I ever removed a catalytic converter from and replaced it with a straight pipe was in over 32 years ago when I did it on a 1978 Volvo 242 which had the sensor in the exhaust upstream of the cat. On that car, replacing the cat with a straight pipe didn't change the way the engine ran but modern engine management systems could be very different.

I removed the cat only to prevent damaging it due to a shortage of unleaded gasoline that one summer and would have reinstalled it if I hadn't dumped the Volvo due to generally hating it. I gave the cat to the car's new owner but doubt if it was ever reinstalled since the new owner obviously didn't take care of the car which I saw parked on the street over the next few years.

I'm doubting the dealer who told you cats can be legally removed in Florida -- read this --> http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?mode=View%20Statutes&SubMenu=1&App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=catalytic&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.2935.html