96 Es300 Remote Starter

dr721

I have a 1996 ES300 and I was going to pick up a Viper 5701 Responder LE 2-Way Security and Remote Start System

to install. I was curious if anyone has installed any remote starters or anything similar to this to a similar model car?

If so, is it difficult for someone with very little knowledge of cars and is there any more specific instructions I could find

for my car? thanks

Check with the manufacture of the unit. Chances are they probably can give you more detailed hookup info. Do you have any experience with a soldering iron and heatshrink tubing? It is very important to make sure that your connections are secure, and soldering/heatshrink is by far the best method of ensuring that you have a secure connection. If you have basic soldering skills, and car specific instructions, you can probably do a good job. If not, I would probably recommend having it installed professionally.

Check with the manufacture of the unit. Chances are they probably can give you more detailed hookup info. Do you have any experience with a soldering iron and heatshrink tubing? It is very important to make sure that your connections are secure, and soldering/heatshrink is by far the best method of ensuring that you have a secure connection. If you have basic soldering skills, and car specific instructions, you can probably do a good job. If not, I would probably recommend having it installed professionally.

I have some experience soldering, but non with heatshrink tubing. Any ideas what an install might cost, or who would do it? Just a regular mechanic, or

someone more specialized?