2007 Gx Transmission

bobbygrin22

Just bought a used 07 with 45k miles on it. Took is to the dealer today because the transmission was acting what I thought was abnormal. When shifting from reverse and then back into drive the transmission sometimes acts like it's stuck in neutral for 5-10 seconds. The dealer told me today that this is normal to keep the transmission from being thrown into drive from reverse. Anyone else have anything to add?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I guess no one else is having this problem or has had this problem. It seems to be happening more now. Just shifting from park to Drive I've noticed it now as well. Not every time but at least 5-6 times now.

5-6 times out of how many times? do you shift right after you start the vehicle,

I could be wrong but, I wouldn't recommend it regardless of lexus unless you start to drive within half hour(I mean before the engine is cold all the way down) of your previous stop. if you start your vehicle from dead cold then atleast give it a minute, this applies to any vehicle, not only for this issue but, in general for the good caring of the car. as well as don;t start the car until all the intial battery beeping stops.

• 2 months later...

I guess no one else is having this problem or has had this problem. It seems to be happening more now. Just shifting from park to Drive I've noticed it now as well. Not every time but at least 5-6 times now.

WE JUST BOUGHT A 2008 GX470 WITH 25K MILES ON IT , MY WIFE SAID THAT AT TIMES WHEN SHE SHIFTS FROM REVERSE TO DRIVE THE GX WILL NOT MOVE AND ACTS LIKE IT IS STILL IN NUTRAL. THIS HAS HAPPENED TO HER 5 OR 6 TIMES IN THE FIRST WEEK OF HAVING THE VEHICLE. I GUESS WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER TO HAVE IT CHECKED. I WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOURS IS STILL DOING THE SAME THING FROM TIME TO TIME OR IT STOPPED OR IF YOU HAD TO REPAIR IT AND WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS?

REGARDS STEVE