Yokohama Yk520 Tires

rswansbro

I have a 2004 RX330 with performance package requiring 235/55-18 tires. The current Michelin tires are in need of replacement. I am seriously considering Yokohama YK520 tires as I have had good performance from Yokohama tires on a number of vehicles including my 2001 RX300. The YK250 tire seems to be a good blend of value and performance. Any comments?

If you have not been to the tire rack web site you should. 10's 05 100s of thousands of people have ranked every tire you cab imagine. It's all in a manipulatable srpead sheet. Make sure you adjust for your to preferences (I.E. wet cornering, longevity,etc.)

Regards, pk

If you have not been to the tire rack web site you should. 10's 05 100s of thousands of people have ranked every tire you cab imagine. It's all in a manipulatable srpead sheet. Make sure you adjust for your to preferences (I.E. wet cornering, longevity,etc.)

Regards, pk

Thanks. Yes, I regularly consult the www.tirerack.com website. This is how I came to the decision to trust the YokoHama YK250 performance tires.

Regards,

Regards, pk

Thanks. Yes, I regularly consult the www.tirerack.com website. This is how I came to the decision to trust the YokoHama YK250 performance tires.

Regards,

We are talking the RX330 here right? An SUV with only 210hp designed for a quite luxury ride right? So why would you be looking for a harsh riding, noisy, low tread life tire? Seems to be not a very logical choice for a tire type for an RX.

Regards, pk

Regards,

We are talking the RX330 here right? An SUV with only 210hp designed for a quite luxury ride right? So why would you be looking for a harsh riding, noisy, low tread life tire? Seems to be not a very logical choice for a tire type for an RX.

Upon further review, my RX330 with performance package is now sporting a new set of Yokohama YK520 tires. So far, they do not feel harsh nor do they seem louder than the previous Michelin tires. I have no regrets.

Fspirit- I sure hope you have better luck with those tires than I did. I went to buy a different Yokohama tire (I have the Geolanders on my F-150) and they sold me on the YK520's. This was for my wife's '02 Camry. The original Bridgestones were like glass for 22k mi and I would have bought another set but they only have a TWR of 160! I had them balanced 3 times in the 20k mi. that me and my wife tolerated them. They had a cyclical vibration that they absolutely could not get out (and they really worked at it). I was so fed up with them (and I give new meaning to mild mannered) that at about 20k mi on them I said take these things off and throw them in the trash. They were very good about it and put a set of Michelins on that are as smooth as silk at any speed and only charged me the price difference and the tread that was used (they showed almost no wear). I truly hope you have better luck than I did. That's not a cheap tire, but it sure acted like one! :lol: