Buying Newer Ls400

redhawks2

I'm now driving a '90 LS but want to go up to at least a '95. I know the Gen 2's are a little longer but are they significantly larger in that I would notice a difference in the overall size of the car? I'd like to get a little larger LS.

Thanks for any thoughts/info. :geek:

exterior dimesions are exactly the same, gen 2 has wheelbase lengthened by 1.4 inches, has 2.6 inches extra leg room in rear. I think its a much better car than gen 1, without all the problems of dash lights, AC lcd going out all the time, they are now quite affordable

My 90 runs great! The timing belt was replaced at 71000 according to records. I'm the second owner and it now has 120K. I've never had it into a shop since I do most everything myself. No problems with trans or anything else. My rear bushings squeak a little in the mornings but other than that it's a great driver. I replaced the AC display and did the injector cleaning thingy to eliminate a very slight hesitation. Couldn't be happier with this car. My only complaint other than the ubiquitous hood struts and the other common maladies is that the plastic components under the hood get very brittle after time and break quite easily.

All in all though...a fabulous car.

:cheers:

first of all, gen II is lighter, more powerful and has strenghtened body. it has more legroom, refreshed engine and transmission, a lot of ECU were replaced with newer models. i was checking repair manuals and they are mostly different. the only thing that is about the same is the engine. whole car looks more muscular and bigger.