Power Steering After Donuts...

i was doing donuts with my 1993 sc300 I6. and when i first got the lexus *9months ago* the only problem they said was the power steering leeks a little. i always put PS fluid in it, no problem.

BUT last week i was at my rivalry high school at 10pm doing donuts and when i pulled out into the ice station the power steering became really hard and i couldnt really turn the wheel.

to this day when i start up the car, the power steering makes the same noise it always has to me when i got it, and works for the first 5min, then it just hardens up while running it. what do i do? =[

:(

Probably not the alternator. I just sold my SC300, so I cannot go look, but I don't think the PS pump was above the alternator on the I6.

Is it always 5 minutes? How is the fluid level?

What does the fluid look like? Is it foamy after 5 minutes?

Could be that your pump or rack has just finally worn enough that it is failing after it warms???

More info is needed before any of us can help.

Tom

the fluid level is just fine, its normal, no foaming. and it stiffins on hard turns/sharp turns example: donuts.

i think it has just finally worn out but thats what i want to know, how do i know if its warn out and how much does it usually cost to replace the pump/rack.