Power Steering High Pressure Hose

jsank

1995 es300

I've been leaking power steering fluid from right under my pump for months. I replaced the high pressure hose from the pump to the fan (not easy at all considering it's just one hose) and that helped slow the leak but it got bad again about a month later. I then replaced the pump. Did no good. Next, I'm going for the hose from the pump to the steering.

Anyone have any advice? The manual makes almost no reference to this hose. I bought it from the parts store and I know where it connects to the pump but I know nothing about where the other end will attach.

Any advice/diagrams/info would be appreciated!!!

I completed this project - if anyone has any questions feel free to post here and I'll reply - I've now replaced both high pressure hoses and the pump - as for the hose from the pump to the steering - this is the easiest one (and the one that turned out to be causing my leak - of course, it was the last one I did). It was tough but got a whole lot easier once I took the hood off and accessed things from the top as well as the bottom.

• 5 weeks later...
I completed this project - if anyone has any questions feel free to post here and I'll reply - I've now replaced both high pressure hoses and the pump - as for the hose from the pump to the steering - this is the easiest one (and the one that turned out to be causing my leak - of course, it was the last one I did). It was tough but got a whole lot easier once I took the hood off and accessed things from the top as well as the bottom.

Did you take any pictures? I may have to do the same. I have been trying to find my steering leak as well.

Thanks

Lee

• 9 months later...

Hi Jsank. I have a 99 ES 300 that leaks PS fluid all over the place. I had the front end up on stands and started the car. I could see fluid leaking from the fitting where the hose connects to the back side of the PS pump then goes up and towards the drivers side of the car. I have no idea where the other end goes to. Is this the hose that goes to steering or one of the high pressure hoses? Any tips or suggestions of isolating where the real leak is? It seems like you are the guru now that you have replaced everything in the system.

Thanks!