Hole In Rear Of My Exhaust ,temporary Repairs?suggestions

pete rock

hi guys heres my problem i have a hole in the rear of my exhaust pipe leading into my muffler.its getting a little loud.im wondering what are some temporary repairs for this problem eventually im going to have to fix it the right way by just replacing it all together but kind of cash strapped after the holidays.ive heard of things like exhaust tape, or patches.does anyone have any suggestions id really appreciate it

hi guys heres my problem i have a hole in the rear of my exhaust pipe leading into my muffler.its getting a little loud.im wondering what are some temporary repairs for this problem eventually im going to have to fix it the right way by just replacing it all together but kind of cash strapped after the holidays.ive heard of things like exhaust tape, or patches.does anyone have any suggestions id really appreciate it

muffler tape. any auto parts store has it.

if the rest of the pipe is in good shape - go to your local exhaust/muffler shop - independently owned is the best - and ask them to cut the bad piece out and weld in a piece of pipe as a replacement. Should cost under $100 cash based on where you live. Proper replacement by shop terms is likely to be in $500 range and it is not any better.

the hole is on the muffler pipe that goes into the gasket that connects to the long resonator pipe i believe.so its in a bad spot.i dont think they can cut that out and weld it.

I would second 'muffler tape' if it can be wound around the pipe satisfactorily. Cost is very low, and if it doesn't work, little lost..... Good luck!

the hole is on the muffler pipe that goes into the gasket that connects to the long resonator pipe i believe.so its in a bad spot.i dont think they can cut that out and weld it.

I would second 'muffler tape' if it can be wound around the pipe satisfactorily. Cost is very low, and if it doesn't work, little lost..... Good luck!

I used muffler tape on an 84 Prelude. Bought me nearly a year before I ended up having everything from the cat back replaced. During that time I had to rewrap the bad spot once. It'll definitely get you by for a while and is quite cheap. It'll cut the sound to reasonable levels.

i went to autozone for the muffler tape and couldnt find it.i found an epoxy type product in a tube.says to slap it on let sit 2-4 hours and it suppose to seal up the holes.

That stuff is also very good. Just make sure that the area to which you are applying it is clean. It would have been best however, to apply that Epoxy, and than, once dry, to wrap it-up with the Muffler tape. You would end-up with an almost permanent repair. The muffler tape should have been easy to find. Try other places, including Walmart.

Phil