Xm Radio - What Is The Best Deal?

Thinking about renewing our XM subscription. We received a postcard with a $77 for 1 year offer. This is for the radio only (music, etc) and does not include traffic. The best traffic deal we have seen is about $7 a month. Really, we could go without the music, since it is the traffic information that is important to us.

Anyone have any better deals on the XM subscription or on the traffic subscription?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Thinking about renewing our XM subscription. We received a postcard with a $77 for 1 year offer. This is for the radio only (music, etc) and does not include traffic. The best traffic deal we have seen is about $7 a month. Really, we could go without the music, since it is the traffic information that is important to us.

Anyone have any better deals on the XM subscription or on the traffic subscription?

Thanks.

I just renewed for 77 dollars/year plus 48 for xm traffic.

is it true that the 'lifetime' payment includes only your current system and cannot be transfered if you purchase another vehicle?

I was told that it was transferable/

• 2 weeks later...

is it true that the 'lifetime' payment includes only your current system and cannot be transfered if you purchase another vehicle?

I was told that it was transferable/

Um, I don't think it's transferable. I want through that same scenario with Sirius. Better double check on that.

I have a lifetime subscription with Sirius and you are allowed to transfer your subscription to another receiver (portable car, etc...) a maximum of 3 times. I have the lifetime subscription on the LS400 and purchased a 6 month subscription for $30 on a portable radio. Hope this helps.